Author Topic: PSR 2000  (Read 1733 times)

Nalu

PSR 2000
« on: December 01, 2022, 09:19:27 PM »
HI everyone  So I ve got my beloved per 2000.  but this screen came up as an error for switching on    Is it repairable   I tried to load a photo of the screen but file too large it says
Unexpected error turn the power off and on again.   Then it says
hisydwn.c/133/8c1c8476.             would really appreciate any help

Offline RONBO

Re: PSR 2000
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 09:47:16 PM »
My first keyboard was a PSR 2100.

Just like your 2000, mine had the same issue.

It was suffering from old age and a great deal of use.

After trying many things to fix it, I sadly had to say good-bye to my first Yamaha.

I found out that the solution was far too expensive, more than the price I paid to buy it.

In other words........you should consider replacing it with a more recent board.

Sorry to break it to you.

Regards,

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Nalu

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 10:01:23 PM »
Ive got 4 of these 2000 psr models   as I use it as my main accompaniment on solo gigs  I find it fun to create bass and drum tracks and the drums sound so real    Is there another model that comes close to this.  Ive also got a 3000. but I find the sound too clinical  too perfect.  and it doesn't have the option to swap out the floppy drive for a memory stick device    Thanks for your advice

Offline RONBO

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 10:06:35 PM »
If you can, check out the current models at a Yamaha dealer........thats all I can offer

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 02:05:13 PM »
Or you can go on ebay to see if someone is selling theirs, but yeah I would also suggest a more recent keyboard. Almost all of the recent PSR models have a Legacy folder that have the "Classic" sounds if that's what you're after. Just my opinion but the PSR2000 was even before Tyros 1 so the drums were most likely a very old set of AWM, I wouldn't call them realistic...