Author Topic: Right 3 voice overriding other 2 voices? It’s  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Rcjwhiting

Right 3 voice overriding other 2 voices? It’s
« on: November 30, 2022, 05:29:27 PM »
I’m still very new, but I’ve been unable to discover the root cause. I have a voices only registration (no acmp) that has piano, organ and strings in the 3 right voices and Electric Guitar in the left. When I bring in all 3, the strings are all that plays. I can layer piano (right1) and organ (right 2), but not all 3.

I checked the mixer - volume settings are fine, checked the VoicePart screen - nothing unusual there. In the Menu button, channel on/off section, all channels are lit green, even though I’m not using this as a song - just intended for live use. No other registrations are giving me the same issue.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, Rich

Offline overover

Re: Right 3 voice overriding other 2 voices? It’s
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 05:56:59 PM »
Hi Rich,

The cause of this "problem" is the Split Point settings.

Please press "Direct Access > ACMP button" to open the Split Point display. The default settings are as follows:

STYLE split point: F#2
LEFT split point: F#2
R3 split point: G2

Currently, R3 is probably set two or more semitones higher than LEFT on your SX900. If you then turn on R3, R1 and R2 will only be audible on one or a few keys between the LEFT and R3 split points (giving the impression that turning on R3 would "turn off" R1 and R2).

If you want to be able to play all three RIGHT parts at the same time, the R3 must be set one semitone higher than LEFT. Please correct this here. Then close the Split Point display by pressing the Exit button or touching the "X" symbol to save the settings to the System Setup.

Important: The current split points are ALWAYS saved in Registrations (STYLE and LEFT Split Points if the "Style" checkbox is ticked and R3 Split Point if the "Voice" checkbox is ticked in the "Memory" window). The split points can therefore be changed at any time by calling up Registrations if they contain different split point settings.

Note: To avoid Registrations changing the split points, you can lock the latter in "Parameter Lock". The split points can then only be changed directly in the Split Point settings display mentioned above ("Menu > Utility > Parameter Lock").

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 06:08:13 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, jcook980, lmederos, Rcjwhiting

Offline Rcjwhiting

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 06:27:25 PM »
Excellent - done and problem solved! Thank you Chris! I decided not to lock the split point, because, depending on genre and voices for a given registration, I may want more or less space for the left part. This also is a great lesson about how one small tweak can impact the PSR performance in unexpected ways. Life is for learning.

Thanks again!

P.S. - the responses from you pros on this forum are both comprehensive and very quick. Not true of all such forums. Please keep up the great work!

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 06:36:21 PM »
Excellent - done and problem solved! Thank you Chris! I decided not to lock the split point, because, depending on genre and voices for a given registration, I may want more or less space for the left part. This also is a great lesson about how one small tweak can impact the PSR performance in unexpected ways. Life is for learning.

Thanks again!

P.S. - the responses from you pros on this forum are both comprehensive and very quick. Not true of all such forums. Please keep up the great work!

Thank you for your detailed feedback and the kind words, Rich!

Yes, the PSR Tutorial Forum is really something special. That's why I've been active here (and only here) for many years. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)