Author Topic: Registration Memory question  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Lacko

Registration Memory question
« on: November 30, 2022, 04:38:58 PM »
In my new SX700 there is only one Registration Memory Bank named Slowfox with 2 registered memories (RM1 and RM2). Button RM1 lights blue, RM2 orange. All other memory buttons are free.
Now I selected style Rumba Espaňa, changed its tempo and want to save it into new, not yet existing Registration Memory Bank which I want to give name Rumba. The only option I see, is to save it into RM3 to RM8 in Slowfox bank. But I don't want to save it into that bank.
So how can I save Registration Memory into another bank than is currently selected? And how to create a new bank if there is currently selected any RM from any other bank?

Offline DerekA

Re: Registration Memory question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 04:53:53 PM »
Just save it into what you call RM1.

This only overwrites RM1 in the *copy* of the registration bank that's currently loaded into the keyboard's memory. It does not touch the file that's safely stored on the disk/SSD/whatever you want to call it.

It is only when you explicitly choose to *save* the bank that something changes. You are asked to give the bank a name. If you give the same name, it overwrites the file on disk. If you give a new name, it saves a new file. Then you can delete off RM2 - RM8 in that new file and resave (with the same new name)
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Lacko

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 09:13:41 PM »
Once you have a banks if buttons you like, you save it, in your case with a file named Slowfox.

Now you can do what you want with the registration buttons. Some people clear them ( power on + second highest white key). Others don’t. I never bother clearing them. I just memorize new regs, then save the bank under a new name, in your case Rumba.

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 09:49:49 PM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Denn

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 11:56:01 PM »
Hello, I made a video of this on my SX700
https://youtu.be/eo1CJzVdRig
Hope it helps.
Regards, Denn
Love knitting dolls

The following users thanked this post: Pityus

Offline NAMA

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 08:37:35 PM »
For making new registration banks I use an empty bank that I specially keep for this, named ‘EMPTY’. After saving my settings to memory 1 of the empty bank I save this bank under a new name. By this way I keep my EMPTY bank empty for the next new bank.
Bert
Never too old to learn.
Genos,Korg K49 and CVP709PE

The following users thanked this post: Lacko

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 10:42:35 PM »
For making new registration banks I use an empty bank that I specially keep for this, named ‘EMPTY’. After saving my settings to memory 1 of the empty bank I save this bank under a new name. By this way I keep my EMPTY bank empty for the next new bank.
Bert

Yes this is a good idea.

For the benefit of the op, calling up a new bank does not change anything on the current settings, it's only when you select one of the memory buttons that anything changes. So it is quite safe to call up the EMPTY bank then save the current settings into it.

This way is much better than holding down a key while restarting, because this way you can easily save some nice setup that you just happen to stumble across whilst playing around.
Genos