Author Topic: Transpose Song Key On SX900  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Bernie9

Transpose Song Key On SX900
« on: November 30, 2022, 09:37:16 AM »
It has been some time, but I thought midis could be transposed with the transpose button , while audio had to be adjusted internally. I guess not, nothing changes with midis.

Bernie

The following users thanked this post: Pityus

Offline EileenL

Re: Transpose Song Key On SX900
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 11:22:55 AM »
You have to make sure your Transpose is on Song and not keyboard to transpose Midi.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 11:53:18 AM »
It has been some time, but I thought midis could be transposed with the transpose button , while audio had to be adjusted internally. I guess not, nothing changes with midis.

There are three settings to transpose: Song (midi only), Keyboard (keyboard only), Master (both).

Press Direct Access and a transpose button to access the setting.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 02:09:45 PM »
You just need to press the transpose button and it will show setting on screen. Just touch setting on screen and it will change to what you want.

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 02:17:27 PM »
You just need to press the transpose button and it will show setting on screen. Just touch setting on screen and it will change to what you want.

Not exactly, if you press the transpose button on the keyboard it will adjust for everything. Fred's suggestion is correct, Direct Access will show separate settings.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022, 03:28:50 PM »
Hi Bernie,

With older models (before Genos and PSR-SX) you can permanently specify in 'Transpose Assign' which Parts the Transpose buttons should affect:

- Keyboard: pitch of keyboard played Voices, Style playback & Multi Pad playback

- Song: pitch of the MIDI Song playback

- Master: overall pitch of the instrument (except audio playback)

With Genos, PSR-SX models and PSR-A5000 you can change this assignment to the Transpose buttons more easily (unfortunately sometimes accidentally ;)).

On the SX900, press one of the Transpose buttonc once to bring up the Transpose pop-up. Touch this pop-up several times to bring up the desired assignment (in this case "Song"). Now you can use the Transpose buttons to transpose the MIDI song as desired. (The selected assignment to the Transpose buttons is retained until you make a different setting in the pop-up mentioned.)

By the way, you can also go to "Menu > Transpose".

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 03:31:46 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 09:06:31 AM »
" ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME"

Wonderful, everyone is right using a different approach.  Thank you all for the fast solution.

Bernie