Author Topic: Registration Not Going To Correct Style (KN7000 Reprise)  (Read 2143 times)

Offline dh110953

Registration Not Going To Correct Style (KN7000 Reprise)
« on: November 17, 2022, 04:30:30 PM »
Hi: When I had a Tyros4 I purchased the “KN7000 Reprise” registrations and styles from Strawberry Music.  I now want to use some of these registrations on my GENOS and when I load a registration from the USB it seems to work fine. However, it does not work when I copy the 2 folders on the USB over to the USER area on the Genos. The registration loads but it will not pick up the relevant Style unless I have the USB still plugged in.

I can work round this by going into Registration Bank Info, (User area) selecting Style and then going through all 8 registrations and changing the Style to the location it is now copied to the USER area. To do this with all Registration would take hours of work and simply not worth the effort.

I cant seem to sort this, both the "KN7000Registrations" folder and the "KN7000-Reprise" folder (which are the Styles) are both copied from the USB to the Route (top level) of the USER area on the Genos.

Does anyone of the Genos Geniuses have any idea how I can sort this, or am I stuck with having to use the USB each and every time, which is not ideal. >:(

Thanks
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline EileenL

Re: Registration Not Going To Correct Style (KN7000 Reprise)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 04:58:29 PM »
Because you are moving the styles to user you will need to relink these so that they work on Genos and that the registrations will be able to find them on your User instead of USB.

The following users thanked this post: dh110953

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registration Not Going To Correct Style (KN7000 Reprise)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 05:18:00 PM »
You can fix this by re-memorizing to tell the registration where the style is.

If you have a lot of registrations to do, you can use Murray Best’s Registration Manager to make the changes in bulk.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: dh110953