Author Topic: ipad and softwere  (Read 1663 times)

Offline john1509

ipad and softwere
« on: November 14, 2022, 03:41:07 PM »
hi anyone no were i can get this setup from i have a iPad with songbook + on it but don't how to set it up like the you tube video. i have put a link in the comments thanks.  PS i did ring keysound but they dont sell the software to the public unless i bought my keyboard from them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=infOsRd_QX0

Offline Rick D.

Re: ipad and softwere
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 03:58:16 PM »
Hi John,

Your setup needs no special software.
Here is a link to a manual on how to set up Songbook+ with your iPad and Genos. It should be similar for most Yamaha keyboards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek18gnapjj3nyf5/Manual_Yamaha_Genos_SongBook%2B.pdf?dl=0

This book will also show you how to trigger your sheet music from a registration and vice versa.
The hardest part of setting this up is getting all your sheet music into PDF format. This can be done by scanning them to PDF. There are other ways to import sheet music into Songbook and they are explained in the book.

Good Luck,

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: john-s, Roshure

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 08:07:36 PM »
Here's my video on setting up your ipad with Songbook+: https://youtu.be/O5cPMU_H28M

Hope it helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline john1509

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 02:32:07 PM »
hi guys thanks for the help. am still having trouble in my songbook+ app linking the song to a registration. on page 7  it says now link the song but i dont seem to have that in my version of songbook + V6.0.2 am i missing something if anyone just point me the right direction thanks 

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2022, 05:13:29 PM »
John,

You have the newest version which is the same as mine. The simplest way to connect the keyboard is with a camera adapter along with a USB A-B cable to go from adapter to host socket in back of Genos. Wireless connections are quirky and take a lot of messing around to get it to work. I haven't tried MIDI to Bluetooth adapters  myself, but those seem to work for some. For ease, since you are having trouble get a camera adapter for your iPad. This is what I use and as a bonus it can keep your iPad charged at all times.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ecBvOUEBW1f/p_472LTUSBC3/Apple-Lightning-to-USB-3-Camera-Adapter.html?XVINQ=GZ0&XVVer=11I8&awcr=628543538546&awdv=c&awnw=s&awug=9002142&awkw=pla-1838407291904&awmt=&awat=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyK6JwKC9-wIVQ9yGCh3AwQ8wEAQYASABEgLE_PD_BwE

Good Luck,

Rick D.

Offline Bill

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2022, 06:21:20 PM »
Hi John

It would be helpful to know which IPad you have and the type of connector at the bottom. Also how you are connecting the IPAD & Key Board together.

One thing to try though,  tap the COG Icon in the Songbook app, then tap MIDI.
On the next screen at the very bottom you will see”Control Mode” in this select your keyboard.

See details on pages 10 & 11 in the manual.

Another question - when you open the Songbook App and look at the list of songs, are they showing up as UNUSED SONGS, if so select Edit on the RH Side. Then click on the green Plus sign, make any changes to title etc then Save.

If they are showing unused, you will not see the three little dots to the left of the MIDI symbol.

Regards

Bill
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 09:35:36 PM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2022, 08:51:51 PM »
hi guys thanks for the help. am still having trouble in my songbook+ app linking the song to a registration. on page 7  it says now link the song but i dont seem to have that in my version of songbook + V6.0.2 am i missing something if anyone just point me the right direction thanks

As it says in page 6 of the manual that Rick provided a link to in the first post, you first have to tell Songbook what keyboard you have.

Settings>Midi>Control mode>Yamaha Genos ...

Once you done this, the "Now link the song" will appear in the menu.

As an aside, I use a bluetooth connection (MD-BT01) and it works well for me.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline john1509

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 07:23:10 PM »
thanks guys for you help think i have got it working now