Author Topic: Choir and Guitar Style. Help needed  (Read 2821 times)

Offline YammyFan

Choir and Guitar Style. Help needed
« on: October 17, 2021, 05:48:15 AM »
I have a lovely style called Choir and Guitar. I love three of the main variations, but variation C has Full Organ in the right hand voice.  I have been into the mixer to try and tone down Full Organ to make it less intrusive, but even though I have renamed it and saved it, I have been unsuccessful . I have even tried to replace it with another voice, but it always turns out that the new voice is very very soft. Hoping that a kind member will help me .

djp

Re: Choir and Guitar Style. Help needed
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 06:33:08 AM »
why dont you download the style and see if it can be edited ?

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Online johan

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 08:46:04 AM »
It can be that there is a midi event in variation C that causes the trouble. You can use Mixmaster to remove the event.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Online jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 10:31:22 AM »
If as you say the full organ is in a right hand voice, it must have been assigned to R1, or 2  from the OTS of the style. (If you have the OTS link button ON, OTS 4 will set this voice automatically when Variation 4 is selected.)
So to change it you need to modify the OTS, eg find the organ in R1,2 and either lower the full organ volume or change it to a different voice and readjust volume to suit.
Now save your new settings by pushing memorize followed by the OTS button you want to save it to (presumably OTS 4?).
Follow the on screen prompts to save the style including the changed OTS.
Note this is a different procedure from simply saving the style, which will save the style parts but not OTS.
John
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:33:45 AM by jwyvern »

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 03:14:50 PM »
YammyFan

Here is the style for you to download

https://app.box.com/s/997khwdc6v8tm9yb4ubznd4dikmklrmh

I have fixed the volume level for you in the MAIN C  OTS

Regards
Drake

Online johan

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 05:53:12 PM »
Indeed, if the issue is only with the right hand voice, the problem is OTS related. You could also switch off the OTS Link and use 4 registrations for the variations in this case. This gives you full flexibility on the right (and left) hand voices.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 06:35:43 PM by johan »
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 01:22:51 AM »
YammyFan

Here is the style for you to download

https://app.box.com/s/997khwdc6v8tm9yb4ubznd4dikmklrmh

I have fixed the volume level for you in the MAIN C  OTS

Thanks for doing that.  Sounds great.    Yammyfan.

Regards
Drake

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 01:27:04 AM »
If as you say the full organ is in a right hand voice, it must have been assigned to R1, or 2  from the OTS of the style. (If you have the OTS link button ON, OTS 4 will set this voice automatically when Variation 4 is selected.)
So to change it you need to modify the OTS, eg find the organ in R1,2 and either lower the full organ volume or change it to a different voice and readjust volume to suit.
Now save your new settings by pushing memorize followed by the OTS button you want to save it to (presumably OTS 4?).
Follow the on screen prompts to save the style including the changed OTS.
Note this is a different procedure from simply saving the style, which will save the style parts but not OTS.
John

Thank you , John for that comprehensive answer to my question. I now am so happy as I now know how to  modify a style.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 02:05:46 AM »
There is a difference in modifying a style and modifying OTS.  You have to SAVE OTS edits separate from saving a style.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 06:24:45 AM »
Wow! Thanks, Joe. That's a most important thing to know.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 06:02:02 PM »
When you change OTS you will be asked if you want to save it. Press Yes if you are only altering one section. If you are doing all four then only press Yes on the last one.

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 11:56:08 PM »
When you change OTS you will be asked if you want to save it. Press Yes if you are only altering one section. If you are doing all four then only press Yes on the last one.

Thanks, Eileen. That's important information. Yammyfan.