Author Topic: Speakers for T5  (Read 2500 times)

Offline adrianed

Speakers for T5
« on: October 16, 2021, 02:31:35 AM »
Hi folks,
Christmas coming up so have been thinking about better speakers for my T5
I have read about the members mentioning Bose, (ie is there L1 or something )
Could I get advice which to get
I use the keyboard mostly for in home events ie parties and private playing
Also presume I need two, advice please
Will they be a worthwhile improvement ?
Might also need advice how to connect them to the keyboard Being as I shall not be using the existing Yamaha Woofer
Thankyou in advance,
Adrian

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 02:33:27 AM by adrianed »

Offline EileenL

Re: Speakers for T5
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 01:31:15 PM »
Bose speakers are very expensive. I have used Yamaha stagepass for years and are very good sound wise as they match up with the keyboard perfectly.

Offline adrianed

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 10:10:26 PM »
Thankyou Eileen
I shall have a read about them and look up where to buy them
Thankyou for your recommendation, a personal recommendation beats any read up
Adrian

Offline Del B

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 10:56:50 PM »
Hi Eileen I been looking at stagepas 600bt not sure whether to get them as I don’t gig  I have only done two weddings and they may be too much for indoors at home maybe I should go for 400bt which are £529 with speaker stands
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 11:39:53 PM by Del B »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 05:57:58 PM »
I have the smaller ones and tey are fine for indoors as well as small gigs.

The following users thanked this post: Del B

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 07:22:37 PM »
The Bose array systems get great reviews but are pricey. However other comparable array systems have now entered the market at lower prices. The Maui 5s were probably first and some forum members have them and rated the performance at least as good as Bose at significantly less cost. And there are now others like Sound Town, Carpro etc. at even lower prices and you can find reviews on some on utube. These array systems seem to have the advantage of covering a wide range of venues from small parties to larger gigs without being heavy, awkward to carry and set up, or breaking the bank.
Mike

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 07:48:32 PM »
Just curious how good are the Tyros Speakers?
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 10:29:23 PM »
Norman
I don’t know how anyone can answer that, they can only compare ie I like them better than this, or not as much as that. Their is no absolute, and they can only give their personal opinion. If they own them they probably like them, but that doesn’t mean much. Like we say on the forum over and over, you have to hear them and make your own assessment.
Mike

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 11:11:31 PM »
The Tyros and Genos speaker systems are "better than their reputation". For most users, they are completely okay for "just playing". You can (must) use the Master EQ of the keyboard to get the desired sound.

But the Tyros/Genos speakers are not studio monitor speakers. If you want to create mixes that also sound good when played on other sound systems, you will need good studio monitor speakers (and also good studio headphones). With studio monitor speakers / headphones I recommend setting the keyboard's Master EQ to "Flat" and either leaving the Master Compressor on the "Natural" preset or switching it off completely.

Depending on the volume required, the Tyros/Genos speaker systems can also be used for a smaller group of listeners. But since you usually cannot know beforehand whether the available power will really be sufficient, I recommend using an appropriate PA system straight away. The market for this type of active loudspeakers (regardless of whether it is a column system or conventional speakers) is now huge, so that no general recommendations can be made here in the forum.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)