Author Topic: Style Engine upgrade  (Read 1782 times)

Offline valimaties

Style Engine upgrade
« on: October 11, 2021, 07:13:47 PM »
Hi all of you.
After a long time of pandemic things (sick by Covid-19, lost two jobs, a.s.o.), this year was a very good singing year (a lot of gigs - parties). I really didn't have time to look at Yamaha's news or anything else of Yamaha. I only sang.

Now, having some time to search internet, I found a video with the new A5000 from Yamaha, in which I saw there is this new "Style Section Time Signature". Each section of a style has its own signature (2/4, 4/4, etc)...

When do you think this will be available in Genos, too? There will be an update on Genos including this feature?

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Re: Style Engine upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 08:21:36 PM »
I can't answer your question, Vali but if I may ask - on listening to the new A5000, is it a keyboard dedicated to non-North American styles? It sounds like it. I have no clue as to how to play those types of songs but from what I heard, it sounded very authentic.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 07:59:09 AM »
I can't answer your question, Vali but if I may ask - on listening to the new A5000, is it a keyboard dedicated to non-North American styles? It sounds like it. I have no clue as to how to play those types of songs but from what I heard, it sounded very authentic.

In my opinion, there is NO keyboard DEDICATED for some COUNTRY SYLES. Yes, it has some features, ie. for Arabic countries, but this doesn't matter. You can easily sing your music in it without any problem, omitting those physic buttons.
In fact, Arabic singers needs those scale buttons on the left side of keyboard. It is a necessary shortcut for this feature. Those buttons wont tangle up, so you can ignore them. I think all modern keyboards has this feature, Genos has it, but is in menu, you need to access Scale screen to be able to use it. So, those buttons was build for quick use of function.

The priority thing here is Section Time Signature, which will help us make styles with different measure type on certain style parts.
For example, Mains (A, B, C, D) could be in 4/4, and Break could be 2/4 (which in this case will become a half bar section), or could be 8/4 which in this case will become a double bar section. Or maybe you need to make a 1 & 1/2 bars of 4/4 in Break, which can be write as 3 bars of 2/4, so in this case you will write a 1 x 6/4 section in Break, as long as Break allows only a single measure (another gap in style engine). ;)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 11:02:17 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 08:30:18 AM »
Hi Vali,
I hope that the possibility of different measures will be built into Genos soon, which would simplify the creation of rhythm. I believe you know that there is a method by which this can be partially circumvented. This is achieved by adding a different tempo to the style. This is the video in which I explained it.

https://youtu.be/4opmPtm8oF0
Watch my video channel

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 10:58:22 AM »
Yes @ckobu, I know it, but it is a workaround, and in some cases is not reachable!

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:33:33 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos