Author Topic: New DGX 670 owner  (Read 3612 times)

Offline guitpic1

New DGX 670 owner
« on: July 24, 2021, 09:00:16 PM »
Just got it this week.  As many have said, this is a huge upgrade over predecessors.  I’ve owned(and sold) the DGX 650, grandkids own a DGX 660 and now have the DGX 670.

This keyboard has style features that aren’t even in my Genos. 

I’ve owned a few PSR’s, a Tyros, a Roland 2000(sold) and a Korg arranger.  I still own my Genos.

It seems to me, that this DGX is the most bang for the $$$ keyboard I’ve ever purchased.

guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

The following users thanked this post: motekmusic

Offline Toril S

Re: New DGX 670 owner
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 09:37:39 PM »
Congratulations! Glad you are happy! I tried it in our store, a great keyboard!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:17:20 AM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: stephenm52

leina002

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 06:41:45 AM »
So happy to hear this! Thankyou for the post.
I actually was about to order the genos but it fell through on a number of occasions so I took it as a sign to go for the dgx670. Its due to arrive tomorrow.
I had some hesitation as people were complaining about the keybed and the speakers. But I have an acoustic piano already and sound on my old psr2000 is beaut. So just interested to try a new model.
I appreciated your post because was concerned Id be dissapointed when it arrives but seems it is going to be great. Cant wait!

Offline Mike W

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 07:31:03 PM »
So happy to hear this! Thankyou for the post.
I actually was about to order the genos but it fell through on a number of occasions so I took it as a sign to go for the dgx670. Its due to arrive tomorrow.
I had some hesitation as people were complaining about the keybed and the speakers. But I have an acoustic piano already and sound on my old psr2000 is beaut. So just interested to try a new model.
I appreciated your post because was concerned Id be dissapointed when it arrives but seems it is going to be great. Cant wait!

Hi Leina002-

Enjoy your DGX670.  I recently purchased it, and I’ve also have several flagship stage pianos and a Genos. I wouldn’t be concerned about comments about the keybed- it’s pretty darn good unless perhaps you are a Classical pianist.  Similar to the Sx600, the voices and styles are really good too.   THough I feel the speakers are good, you can easily add a pair of inexpensive monitor speakers or pa speakers, which will make it sound incredible.  Some of the piano voices on it are the “natural” category, which means they are the highest  level found in clavinovas and superior to even Genos (though Genos has many other sounds and features not on the DGX 670).  The sound and technology continue to grow, providing more value than ever before. Don’t look back- there is so much to enjoy on this keyboard especially if you like weighted piano keys.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 01:12:55 AM »
Just got it this week.  As many have said, this is a huge upgrade over predecessors.  I’ve owned(and sold) the DGX 650, grandkids own a DGX 660 and now have the DGX 670.

This keyboard has style features that aren’t even in my Genos. 

I’ve owned a few PSR’s, a Tyros, a Roland 2000(sold) and a Korg arranger.  I still own my Genos.

It seems to me, that this DGX is the most bang for the $$$ keyboard I’ve ever purchased.

It would sure be nice if Yamaha incorporated some of those features in the next PSR sx9xx arranger keyboard.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 01:14:19 AM »
This keyboard is still a USB 2.0.

I couldn’t get a USB 3.0 to work
guitpic1

Cristopher_B

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 06:58:52 AM »
Hi! I'm also a new owner of the DGX-670. I've had a DGX-640 for several years but I was finally able to upgrade. Love it. I like the new design. The new piano sound is very nice too.

I would like to ask everyone, do you use headphones with your DGX-670? If so, which ones? I currently use the Sennheiser HD 206s, but I plan to buy a better pair.

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 02:43:47 PM »
https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/sennheiser-hd-660-s

Pricey but the open back allows for some room sound/ambiance as well.  Best sounding headset I’ve ever used.

Got mine on sale $399
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 02:55:50 PM by guitpic1 »
guitpic1

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 03:01:24 PM »
Another excellent choice.

https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/dt-880-pro.html

Not as good sounding for keyboard as the Sennheiser but a good 2nd choice to save money
guitpic1

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 10:18:38 PM »
It would sure be nice if Yamaha incorporated some of those features in the next PSR sx9xx arranger keyboard.

Joe H

Hi Leina002-

Enjoy your DGX670.  I recently purchased it, and I’ve also have several flagship stage pianos and a Genos. I wouldn’t be concerned about comments about the keybed- it’s pretty darn good unless perhaps you are a Classical pianist.  Similar to the Sx600, the voices and styles are really good too.   THough I feel the speakers are good, you can easily add a pair of inexpensive monitor speakers or pa speakers, which will make it sound incredible.  Some of the piano voices on it are the “natural” category, which means they are the highest  level found in clavinovas and superior to even Genos (though Genos has many other sounds and features not on the DGX 670).  The sound and technology continue to grow, providing more value than ever before. Don’t look back- there is so much to enjoy on this keyboard especially if you like weighted piano keys.

Mike W thanks for your informative post, I've had my eyes on the DGX670 and this is the type of feedback I was looking for.   I too have a Genos and other keyboards so your comments help.   Toril, Leina and Guitpic thanks for your comments too!
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks