Author Topic: Tyros 5 Line out / Aux out (Left Channel not working)  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Normanfernandez

Tyros 5 Line out / Aux out (Left Channel not working)
« on: July 23, 2021, 08:20:37 AM »
One of my friend's Tyros 5 Aux / Line out ( Left Channel is not working)

I think it could be a hardware issue?  Since it's working on the Tyros Speakers and Headphone out.

Any Suggestions?
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline overover

Re: Tyros 5 Line out / Aux out (Left Channel not working)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 08:29:40 AM »
Hi Norman,

do the Line Out MAIN sockets (R and L/L+R) work correctly?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 09:05:19 AM »
Hi Norman,

do the Line Out MAIN sockets (R and L/L+R) work correctly?

Best regards,
Chris

How do you check that? Since the Tyros is not with me.

Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 10:37:45 AM »

I can only tell my friend what to do.

And did ask him to troubleshoot. But I think you'll could give a better insight.

Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 11:33:16 AM »

Hi Norman,

There are the Line Out MAIN sockets (which, like the TRS-MS05 speaker system and the headphone output, run via the master volume dial) and also the Line Out AUX sockets (which have a fixed volume). Since you didn't mention "MAIN", I didn't know whether the problem also occurred with Line Out MAIN or only with Line Out AUX.

If a channel does not work with a stereo output via the connected external sound system, I recommend first swapping the two TS jack plugs on the relevant keyboard output. If the error then "moves along" (if the OTHER channel on the sound system is mute), it is due to the keyboard. If the SAME channel is still mute on the sound system, it is either the cables or the external sound system.

It would be relatively unusual that both the Line Out MAIN sockets and the Line Out AUX sockets have a defective channel, since these two signal paths run internally via separate hardware (separate OP amps).

Your friend should first rule out all external causes, so, as mentioned, first swap the plugs on the keyboard, then swap the complete audio cables and also check the inputs of the external sound system with a different stereo signal.

When it comes to the Line Out AUX sockets, I recommend first under "MIXING CONSOLE > tab LINE OUT" to ensure that all Parts are only in the "MAIN" and "DEPENDS ON PART" columns are checked and that "AUX OUT" is activated at the top right (ie NOT "SUB3-4").

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:35:37 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)