Author Topic: System error! PSR SX600  (Read 4604 times)

wallace_tenorio

System error! PSR SX600
« on: July 08, 2021, 01:41:52 PM »
Hey guys!

I'm having problems with the PSR-SX600. I tried to install a package with samples that convert NKI (Kontakt) to SF2 using Extreme Sample Conveter.  :'( However, when trying to install, an error occurred and I can't install any more packs. The following messages appear:

1. System error! Data could not be saved.
2. Installation has been cancelled. The instrument will be restarted.

It appears that there has been a problem with this line alone. I've reseted several times and nothing. I'm looking forward to getting back from Yamaha through support. I would be very happy if someone could come up with any ideas… Anyone?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 02:01:17 PM by wallace_tenorio »

Offline johan

Re: System error! PSR SX600
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 10:28:10 PM »
Some basic feedback: make sure the SX has the latest firmware. Use YEM version 2.7 and make sure to create a full new pack (not via quick installation).
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Online ckobu

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 10:36:45 PM »
The icon on the Pack indicates that it also contains protected content.
If the installation file contains only converted SF2 sounds, there is no need to create a protected Pack (CPI.)
Watch my video channel

Offline anex

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 11:23:19 PM »
I have the same problem. The instrument is in the service and is waiting for the motherboard to be replaced.

chris-59

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 11:32:23 PM »
current versions july 18th, 2021

-YEM V2.8.1.

-SX600 V1.03

Online ckobu

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 11:50:57 PM »

-YEM V2.8.1.

-SX600 V1.03

YEM 2.8.1 - problem with loading content slowly, comparison with V2.7.0
https://youtu.be/RSPa6iKIDQs
Watch my video channel

wallace_tenorio

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 01:47:44 PM »

-YEM V2.8.1.

-SX600 V1.03

I made these updates but it didn't solve the problem. I believe that the solution may come with some software update, but, for now, Yamaha doesn't know how to fix it and keeps changing the motherboard for a new one, which is subject to repeating the problem.

wallace_tenorio

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2021, 01:51:42 PM »
Some basic feedback: make sure the SX has the latest firmware. Use YEM version 2.7 and make sure to create a full new pack (not via quick installation).

I did what you instructed, but it didn't solve the problem. I even did a factory reset several times, formatted a pendrive, changed a pendrive, tried to install only an original pack file from Yamaha and nothing resolved.

wallace_tenorio

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 01:53:56 PM »
I have the same problem. The instrument is in the service and is waiting for the motherboard to be replaced.

I hope Yamaha will look out for us. Bad for us, bad for her. Will it change the motherboard of all SX600 manufactured, as sooner or later it will give a problem?

wallace_tenorio

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2021, 01:55:47 PM »
The icon on the Pack indicates that it also contains protected content.
If the installation file contains only converted SF2 sounds, there is no need to create a protected Pack (CPI.)

Because I tried to install a pack with a protected original file from Yamaha and the keyboard still didn't accept the installation. The funny thing is, USB works for everything else. Read styles on the pendrive. Installs new firmware. It just doesn't install sample packs.

wallace_tenorio

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 02:10:26 PM »
Hey guys!

I'm having problems with the PSR-SX600. I tried to install a package with samples that convert NKI (Kontakt) to SF2 using Extreme Sample Conveter.  :'( However, when trying to install, an error occurred and I can't install any more packs. The following messages appear:

1. System error! Data could not be saved.
2. Installation has been cancelled. The instrument will be restarted.

It appears that there has been a problem with this line alone. I've reseted several times and nothing. I'm looking forward to getting back from Yamaha through support. I would be very happy if someone could come up with any ideas… Anyone?

Yamaha returned my contact directing me to send it for technical assistance. After contacting other people suffering from the same problem and doing a lot of research, I found that Yamaha doesn't know how to fix the problem specifically. The solution is palliative: replace the motherboard with a new one! This makes me reflect that the problem can happen again with the new motherboard. And when the warranty expires? I will be extremely scared of trying to install packs on my keyboard. This detracts from the purpose of your technology. I hope Yamaha learns to solve this problem through firmware or we, SX600 owners, will own something worthless.

Offline johan

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2021, 03:32:42 PM »
Thank you for your feedback and I really hope Yamaha comes with a structural solution soon.

Johan
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline anex

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2021, 04:08:53 PM »
I agree with you, from what I found out, the problem is memory, not software. When I recover the instrument after replacing the motherboard, I will be afraid to upload the packages so that it does not get damaged again. Yamaha should be interested in this problem.

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2021, 09:41:14 PM »
My friends

the only way to see an actual change and a new update....
is to actually send them an email or calling them up and stating what you would like

supportreply@yamaha.com or YCASupport@yamaha.com  https://usa.yamaha.com/support/contacts/form.html?page=product

Yamaha Customer Support
(714) 522-9011
Option 3

and they will only listen and actually make an update if enough people email or call in about it

i have been on the phone with a Yamaha keyboard representative for over an hour telling him about all these issues and he explained to me they only listen when there are enough complaints if there are only a couple of people complaining they won't pay attention to it

Offline anex

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2021, 03:32:17 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FJtehCQjwS0

I think there is a solution to the problem, unfortunately I can't check it because my yamaha is on the site

The following users thanked this post: overover, tomsixtwo

Offline overover

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 05:12:57 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FJtehCQjwS0

I think there is a solution to the problem, unfortunately I can't check it because my yamaha is on the site

Thank you for this information, anex!

Yes, from time position 2:20 in this video, this guy uses a program called "Pack installation Repairer ver1.00" (that is loaded/executed like a Firmware Update) on the SX600:
>>> https://youtu.be/FJtehCQjwS0?t=139

I had not yet known that such a program existed. I suspect it could be obtained from Yamaha support upon request.

Edit:
I just saw that there is a download link for this program ("PSR-SX600SETUP.prg") in the description and comments below this video. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 06:15:27 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Mega Voice

Offline anex

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 10:00:20 AM »
My Sx600 has been in the service for 3 months and is waiting for the motherboard to be replaced. I contacted the technician and gave the link to the film and after 5 minutes I received the information that it works and the yamaha is working without replacing the motherboard. :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 10:02:26 AM by anex »

The following users thanked this post: overover

Offline Toril S

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2021, 10:03:49 AM »
That is great😀😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: anex

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 10:54:58 AM »
I am so happy for you.😃

Regards, JH

Offline overover

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2021, 02:36:34 PM »
My Sx600 has been in the service for 3 months and is waiting for the motherboard to be replaced. I contacted the technician and gave the link to the film and after 5 minutes I received the information that it works and the yamaha is working without replacing the motherboard. :)

Thank you again, anex!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)