Author Topic: Lighting for keyboard on stand  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Mr. Gary

Lighting for keyboard on stand
« on: April 15, 2021, 06:55:21 AM »
Can anyone suggest a suitable lighting set up for my Genos and JBL speakers please. I've noticed advertisements showing subtle blue lights underneath etc, it's really to add a little ambiance and (hopefully) detract the eye from cables to some extent. Just not sure where to go or what to look at.!
As always thanks in advance.

B regards
Gary

Offline MIKEP

Re: Lighting for keyboard on stand
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 12:20:13 PM »
Hi Mr Gary
I have  a Smart TV LED strip Backlight, which is powered by USB.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Gary

Argento

Re: Lighting for keyboard on stand
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 03:07:26 PM »
You can buy an RGB led strip , and a RGB controller with remote control and power source (they're pretty cheap), put those led strips wherever you want (you can cut them, and put them on different places), and ligth in any color you can imagine (fixed or variable), with any intensity you want, from really dim to fully bright.
they're pretty easy to install, and as the led strips has adhesive on them, you can put them almost anywhere.

I don't reccomend using USB power for lighting purposes, (and even less the keyboard usb connector)  for mainly two reasons, first, you have a problem with that light/cable system , and can fry the usb of the keyboard/computer wathever... (think on a useless/burned  USB port on your Genos... don't worth the risk), and the second reason its power... USB current its limite to 250 or 500ma MAX on a 5Volts USB output... thats do a 1.2 or 2.5W MAX (for lighting) ..its too small, unless you want always a very very dim light
But even is you decide to use an USB powered lights... DONT use the USB output of the keyboard, use a separate system (USB power bank/usb charger/ whatever.. NOT the keyboard!!)

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Gary