Author Topic: playlist  (Read 1983 times)

Offline thomas750

playlist
« on: April 13, 2021, 11:41:09 AM »
Hi all
when i made a new playlist
all my previous playlist about 2500 are gone help
thomas
I Play The yamaha prs sx 700

Online Fred Smith

Re: playlist
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 12:03:42 PM »
Hi all
when i made a new playlist
all my previous playlist about 2500 are gone help
thomas

Hope you have a backup.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 12:55:59 PM »
When you say 2500 have gone do your mean the converted Music finder files. If so just reload them.

blackpool

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 02:15:23 PM »
Im certainly no expert.... if a 'playlist' has gone..end of... then the regis. should still be there to support them in your registrations .
So you should be able to create a new playlist again.

Or alternatively, if the playlists are there and your just running into an empty playlist, when you open them, then likely it is the regis that are not there and cant be found to run the playlist when you try to open it as playlist needs them to operate.

As far as I am aware ... Playlist is simply a 'list' and is just reliant on registrations and their contents for it to work.

As Eileen. says, if its an MF file, which was converted to playlist, just re do it again. This is quite easy and quick to do ...but it would be interesting to see if the registrations also created by an MF conversion to playlist are still there on your board from previously....??

keith

Offline thomas750

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 09:16:35 PM »
thanks to all for
i will try that to find it some where
thomas
I Play The yamaha prs sx 700

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 12:47:45 PM »
If converting the Music Finder to Playlist the registration  will only contain one button filled and you then can add to it with your own settings or just use OTS.

blackpool

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 01:14:13 PM »
Yes Eileen...The MF files just provide a 'one button' start for the song in a new bank for each title. I find it a very convenient and easy way to create ready made, song titled registration banks, which i can edit and resave to as many buttons as required very simply.

In fact as i have pointed out in the past, i use the registrations from the MF conversions and delete the Playlists it creates.
I really don't know why Yamaha don't  seem to explain in greater detail that a registration is of course created in the process of the conversion and not just call it a 'playlist' conversion.

keith

Offline Dnj

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 03:34:11 PM »
For my needs the biggest advantage to using the Playlist vs the MF is that it saves "Transpose" now....
very useful for singer/players.