Author Topic: Saving style channel settings.  (Read 1717 times)

apressman

Saving style channel settings.
« on: April 12, 2021, 10:59:36 PM »
My goal is to save some drum only styles.  Is there a way to save a style to the user memory that has the channels turned off?  Every time I save a style there after having turned off the channels I don't want, at next reload all those channels are on.

Offline Misu

Re: Saving style channel settings.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 08:34:42 AM »
Hi

Go to Style Editor - Mixer - put the volume to zero and save the style.
Or erase that channels.

Regards!
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 09:38:26 AM »
You can also save a registration (click only Style) - this includes any settings you've made in the mixer (on/off, volumes, pans, etc)
Genos

apressman

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 08:47:34 PM »
Thanks, y'all...not quite the answer I'd hoped for:

Misu - Saving a User copy of a style with all the mixer volumes at zero or the channel turned off doesn't work.  Next time you open the style you are back where you started.

DerekA and iulistil2 - I'm aware I can do this in a registration for a song (I give every song a registration so I can have 8 different variations in the banks...sometimes I'm playing with a bassist, sometimes just a drummer, sometimes to a MIDI backing track etc)  I'd hoped I could save a style so I can use it in a song without having to make up a registration first.

I guess no luck seeking a solution that's per style, not per song.   

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 09:09:21 PM »
Hi apressman,
apparently you saved the style by muting the tracks using just the Mixing Console.
If you wish to make permanent changes to a style you need to use the Style Creator.

Call the Mixing Console and put all the unwanted channels to volume zero.
Enter the Style Creator and check that the volume is indeed in zero volume for those channels.
Now save the new style on your USB or User Memory with the name that you wish.

A preset style will always remain as it is made by Yamaha.
We cannot change or harm it.
But we can have a copy or copies of it with any changes we wish to apply to that style.