Author Topic: Rex to Audio styles.  (Read 1930 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Rex to Audio styles.
« on: July 13, 2020, 03:53:04 PM »
Hi,

I have a lot of Rex style files (indian drum kits) and have imported them in Genos, taking up most of my memory.

Now there is this new option of audio style files which need not come through YEM , will not block your Genos memory and are freely available for copy and paste.

I would love to convert all my REX packs to standalone audio files.  Is there any software or any another way to do so. Actually it should be quite easy for the Audio Phraser to do so as the REX styles are already sliced. Shouldn't it be ?

Regards

Anand

Offline chony

Re: Rex to Audio styles.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 04:37:57 AM »
In short, no.

Rex is slicing. Audio Phraser is time stretching. They are two completely unrelated approaches.

Also audio phraser has problems since you can’t trigger fills in the middle of a bar.

If you want to do it anyway, just take the original loop pre-Rex and load that into audio phraser and then copy that to your current style to replace the REX. Yes time-consuming, but it’ll do what you need.

The following users thanked this post: OmbDave

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 07:15:54 AM »
The Audio Phraser don't working correct because not plays on time the Fill and Break and it has more problems like don't play too more time signatures like 2/4, 6/8, 5/8, 9/8 many more...
It has play correct only 4/4....
You can to load 16bit/44khz audio loops wav files on Audio Phraser ..Not Rex file..
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 02:44:53 PM by Sokratis1974 »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 12:35:31 PM »
Hi
I think you can make audio styles with rex files to make those audio styles for Genos
I have not looked into that yet.

All the best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 11:34:15 AM »
Hi
I think you can make audio styles with rex files to make those audio styles for Genos
I have not looked into that yet.

All the best
John :)
Yes John.. In fact with two ways you can to create own audio styles:
1) With Rex loops that needs Ram
2) With Audio Phraser (with Time Streach and Disc Streaming method without needs Ram) however this never worked properly on Genos...

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 12:05:37 PM »
Posted on another thread Maybe usfull for this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bObx-jaxiUs