Author Topic: Lester k foot pedal  (Read 4169 times)

Gardner

Lester k foot pedal
« on: June 19, 2020, 12:56:14 PM »
Could any one please tell me how to connect the above pedal to Tyros 2 and what cables I would need

Offline overover

Re: Lester k foot pedal
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 02:08:24 PM »
Hi Gardner,

there are several different options to connect the "Lester K" Rotary Speaker Pedal to a Tyros2.

Do you use the Tyros2 speakers (TRS-MS02) or external amplification? In the second case: Do you use an external Mixer?

In principle, you will need several Mono 6.3 mm TS-to-TS cables. Please answer the questions above first, so that I can give you further instructions.

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Gardner

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 06:49:50 PM »
Hi over over thanks for your quick reply. I use the Tyros speakers  ok

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 09:42:00 PM »
Hi over over thanks for your quick reply. I use the Tyros speakers  ok

Hi Gardner,

thanks for your quick reply!

I see the two following options for you (all connections made with 6.3 mm TS-to-TS Audio cables):

1. Use "Loop Send" jacks and "Aux In" jacks of the Tyros2:

- Go to "Function > Utility > Config2 > Aux Out / Loop Send" and select the option "Loop Send" there.
- Connect the two "Aux Out / Loop Send" jacks ("R" and "L / L+R") to the Input jacks "R" and "MONO / L" of the "Lester K" Pedal.
- Connect the Output jacks "R" and "MONO / L" of the "Lester K" to the Aux In jacks "R" and "L / L+R" of the Tyros2.

Note: This will route the complete Output signal of the Tyros2 to the Rotary Speaker Pedal. All Parts (Keyboard Voices, Style, Multi Pad, MIDI file) will go through this Effekt. This is usually NOT desired. Therefore I recommend definitely the second method:

OR

2. Use two Sub Outs for the Organ Part(s) (recommended):

- Connect "Line Out Sub 1" to Input "MONO / L" of the "Lester K".
- Connect "Line Out Sub 2" to Input "R" of the "Lester K".

- Connect Output "MONO / L" of the "Lester K" to Aux In "L / L+R" of the Tyros2
- Connect Output "R" of the "Lester K" to Aux In "R" of the Tyros2.

- On Tyros2, go to "Mixing Console > Line Out", select the desired keyboard Part(s) (e.g. Right 1) and make a checkmark in the column "Sub 1&2" for each Part that should go through the "Lester K" Pedal.

- You can memorize the Line Out settings to Registrations (checkmark "Line Out" item).

- Use the TRIM control next to the AUX IN jacks to set the Input Sensitivity for these inputs.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 02:41:34 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Gardner

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 01:05:15 PM »
Thanks for getting black . From what you say will I need four cables and get them ordered today

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 02:53:54 PM »
Thanks for getting black . From what you say will I need four cables and get them ordered today

Yes, you will need four TS-TS cables. I recommend to use relatively SHORT cables.

P.S.
You could also use only one Sub Out (and go MONO into the Input of the "Lester K"). In this case you will need only three cables. But I recommend to use the STEREO connection, as mentioned above.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 03:00:20 PM by overover »