Author Topic: Problem programming Program Change in Midi Multi Recording  (Read 19619 times)

Problem programming Program Change in Midi Multi Recording
« on: October 16, 2019, 11:43:47 AM »
I have noticed an issue in Midi Multi Recording/NewSong/StepEdit, where I am just wanting to enter a one line 'Prog' program change.
The default view is 001 : 1 : 0000  END

Selecting 'Event Filter', with just 'Program Change' ticked in the ensuing menu, is not actioned when 'Insert' is selected, and further Insert selections just increase the Measure/Beat number in the first line.
Adding a tick to include Notes with a Program Change in the menu, increases the Measure/Beat numbers as before, but this time on a separate line displaying only the 'Note'

The other option, 'Step Rec', only displays the opportunity to insert Notes.
So, it seems necessary to take Program Change out of the 'Event Filter' menu, leaving just a tick against 'Note',  then 'Insert' and the display now shows

001 : 1 : 0000 Note
001:  2 : 0000 END

You can then use the arrows and dial to change Note to Prog, allowing you to enter the your program number and the display is,

001 : 1 : 0000 Prog
001:  2 : 0000 END

Great,  but then Save at which point the display changes to,

001 :  2 : 0000 END

i.e. line 001 : 1 : 0000 has disappeared, although the Program Change is there and working, but I cannot see any way back to edit it, or even review/debug the list if needed.

I could well be missing something, but my searches have not revealed anything, plus this was not an issue in my Tyros 5 Song Creator

My Genos has v1.41 firmware.
Genos, Montage 7, PSR EW-410 HS5's, mfc10
Former Keyboards: T1/2/3/5 & various Organs

Offline EileenL

Re: Problem programming Program Change in Midi Multi Recording
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 11:37:47 AM »
I  take it that by Prog change you want to change a voice in the midi. I simply find the voice it is using and then just select the voice I want to change to. Then I delete the original. All then works fine but uses the new voice.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 01:56:48 PM »
Thanks for that Eileen, what I was actually doing was to set up my Genos for Registration changes to display the song in the OnSong App on my iPad by midi, and this is now working OK as it used to do on the Tyros. But I did have to overcome this confusing 'feature' along the way, which I thought I would flag up, as Song Creator on the Tyros didn't suffer from this, and displayed it correctly.

The file only needs to contain a one line Prog command, which is is picked up and acted on by OnSong

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 03:30:57 PM »
Sort of changed in v2.0,

'Prog's now remain displayed on the StepEdit screen with only 'Program Change' ticked on p1 of the Event Filter, but 'Ctrl's disappear from this as before despite having a tick against Control Change on p1, unless each individual code used is also ticked. By way of example, 000:Bank Select MSB, on p4 of 23, and 032: Bank Select LSB on p8 of 23 before they appear in the summary