Author Topic: Bright Rock Piano  (Read 41796 times)

Offline marcodg

Bright Rock Piano
« on: October 15, 2019, 09:52:22 AM »
Hello everyone
I am looking for the style a really bright piano as the one in "when a child is born" from Demiss Roussos, or Ride on time from Blackbox. The Piano in Genos are too mellow. Can someone explain me how i could make these brighter ? Is there an existing DSP i could use for it ?
Thanks for the reply
Marco
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Offline jugge

Re: Bright Rock Piano
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 01:03:49 PM »
I recently followed some of the settings in this video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqCUnTyop8E
Made the piano sound brighter. Pleased with the result.

/Jugge
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline marcodg

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 01:31:15 PM »
I recently followed some of the settings in this video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqCUnTyop8E
Made the piano sound brighter. Pleased with the result.

/Jugge
Thanks Jugge
I will try it
 Regards
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Offline marcodg

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 01:43:22 PM »
Sadly it s not enough.
I think perhaps it s because of the Sample. I want to achieve this one.
https://youtu.be/taBfw0yKRgM

Same here
https://youtu.be/Gn1OP3KTEU8
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 01:47:07 PM by marcodg »

Offline svpworld

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 01:00:24 PM »
The C7 piano is quite bright, especially if you tweak the eq and use a dsp to enhance the upper harmonics.

Offline soryt

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 03:46:14 PM »
Use the C7 Popgrand & CP 80Electric grand with high Eq and cutoff and resonance that must help , the other option is the Bright Piano in the Legacy bank with some adjustments

I :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Bachus

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 07:32:39 AM »
The sound used is probably a DX7/FM based piano sound..

FM sounds in general are hard to copy with samples..
Because their are so many small different ones and you can only have a few inside the box..

I was spoiled with the modx.. it has full fm engine... but i sold it..
Now i use several ipad apps which are also great for creating FM based sounds..

Try edditing EQ and Envelope of an Fm piano inside Genos (short attack for this stackkatoish sound)
Also you could try and use some dsp effect for the bright metalsih sparkling sound..

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 01:09:59 PM »
Marco, you haven't told us what speakers you are using while playing your Genos. Are you looking for this piano sound for live stage, recording, home enjoyment...? Let us know :).

I see in your signature you are using the Behringer Eurolive B208 speakers. The specs look pretty good for those, although they would be weak in the low end but that doesn't matter for the piano sound you are seeking :).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 01:13:10 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 02:08:20 PM »
Now i use several ipad apps which are also great for creating FM based sounds..

Bachus,

this sounds interesting. Which iPad apps do you use? I know about the following:

* Audiokit FM Player 2: Classic DXII -> this is a very cool app, but uses sample playing
* Primal Audio FM4 -> true FM engine with 4 operators
* DXi: 4 operators FM

Are there some other / better FM synths?

And why didn't you like the MODX engine?

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline marcodg

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 02:19:41 PM »
Marco, you haven't told us what speakers you are using while playing your Genos. Are you looking for this piano sound for live stage, recording, home enjoyment...? Let us know :).

I see in your signature you are using the Behringer Eurolive B208 speakers. The specs look pretty good for those, although they would be weak in the low end but that doesn't matter for the piano sound you are seeking :).

Hello,
I am using for home GNS-01 and Headphone Sony WH MX3. For stage i am using two Behringer 208D Eurolive for high frequency and my lovely JBL EON ONE for Bass.

Thanks all for your answer.

@Bachus i am interessed to on your Ipad Apps. I don't use my Ipad with my Genos but i really looking forward to this.

Bachus

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 10:42:00 PM »
Bachus,

this sounds interesting. Which iPad apps do you use? I know about the following:

* Audiokit FM Player 2: Classic DXII -> this is a very cool app, but uses sample playing
* Primal Audio FM4 -> true FM engine with 4 operators
* DXi: 4 operators FM

Are there some other / better FM synths?

And why didn't you like the MODX engine?

Uli

I loved the modx engine..
Just didn’t like the keys of the Modx8 that much..

I oughtbit was time for a new toy
Don’t know where i will pit the money..
But thats just a matter of time
I decided to go back to a single keyboard setup
So i will be investing in some module(s)
Or maybe just stick with Genos and Ipad..

For FM apps on Ipad..

Try Phasemaker by Bram Bose fullblown 6 operator FM
As well as ruismaker FM
And FM-tines

And the ones you named above..

There is also many multi synthesis apps that also support fm..