Author Topic: Filling up 3GB of internal memmory  (Read 90609 times)

Bachus

Filling up 3GB of internal memmory
« on: October 14, 2019, 07:07:03 PM »
With version 2.0 around the corner..

How are you going to fill up that 3GB of memmory?

I got no clue..
First i tought, piano..
But then i decided to get the V3 sounds Yammex for the 2 extra grand piano’s (Steinway and Bösendorfer)

So what packs are a must to have?

Discussing this, might take us in a fun way to the moment of release...

Offline Joe H

Re: Filling up 3GB of internal memmory
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 07:37:15 PM »
Really depends on what kind of music you play.  Personally for me... I would fill it up with synth sounds and ethnic instruments from around the world.  ;D

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Bachus

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 08:06:23 PM »
Really depends on what kind of music you play.  Personally for me... I would fill it up with synth sounds and ethnic instruments from around the world.  ;D

Joe H

Thats my problem, i can appreciate all quallity music.. from folk to jazz and blues, from Classical to country and from hard rock to EDM..
Every type of music has its time and moments..

islam01

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 08:28:46 PM »
I make Turkish music.  3 gb ram is very important for us because we use our own sample sound and drum kits for Turkish music.  But for those who make western music, ram memory does not matter.  Fabricated sounds and drum kits are sufficient.

Offline marcodg

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 08:32:47 PM »
My 1gb piano Lady could now be load on genos. I have CMS drumkit 900 mb. The rest will be filled with yamaha official and third party packs.
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Offline marcodg

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 08:54:43 PM »
Remember to leave a bit of free space for the new Superior Pack included with update 2.0, it could be very interesting!

Francesco
What is this pack ??  ???
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Offline rattley

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 12:00:26 AM »
Goody Goody Gumdrops !!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 02:57:36 AM »
Remember to leave a bit of free space for the new Superior Pack included with update 2.0, it could be very interesting!

Francesco

I just heard that the Superior Genos 2.0 package will be released as a pre-install. Like the SX900, you'll have to delete it to be able to install your packages.
It would be more valuable if Yamaha integrated it into the Preset, either in the form of CPF like EuroDance or other packages from Yamaha's Musicsoft store.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 04:45:38 AM »
With version 2.0 around the corner..

How are you going to fill up that 3GB of memmory?

I got no clue..
First i tought, piano..
But then i decided to get the V3 sounds Yammex for the 2 extra grand piano’s (Steinway and Bösendorfer)

So what packs are a must to have?

Discussing this, might take us in a fun way to the moment of release...
Personnally, I find the CFX grand piano very correct. Spending 1GB of memory for a new piano is a lot ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKkrFSZQz0

Regards
Soundphase

Bachus

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 08:30:34 PM »
Personnally, I find the CFX grand piano very correct. Spending 1GB of memory for a new piano is a lot ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKkrFSZQz0

Regards
Soundphase

The CFX pianois a more typical japanese piano..
Its kind of bright in sound character
Which is great for cutting trough a mix..
And in general this suits arranger players well..

The Steinway and Bosendorfer in the Yammex module are much warmer in character
Better suited for solo playing, or minimalistic accompaniments..
Also For Classical music and Jazz, i really prefer the sound the Steinway for Jazz
And the bosendorfer Imperial for Classical music..

There is a reason, there are dozens of sounds from the same types in an arranger..
Its just like having several different acoustic guitars..
Which makes having several different grands a must for me..
After selling my modx, which had a great bosendorfer and steinway, i need to find some replacements for that in the Genos..
Ithink the V3sounds Yammex XXL is perfect to fill this gap..
And it comes with 600 more high quallity sounds at €400
Thats way cheaper then any of the Yamaha expansions for Genos..

Offline Joe H

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 09:36:25 PM »
Bachus,

Since I'm not into pianos at the moment, I will present my idea as a question.  Are you familiar with the Yamaha PLG150-AP plug-in card? It has nearly 30MB of wave ROM sampled from the CFIIIS concert grand piano. While it's only 3 layers there are 32 Preset Voices with 64 note polyphony. The board also includes EQ, Reverb, Chorus and Insertion effects.

To make use of this board you would have to go back to the idea of a Motif ES, which comes in 3 sizes and has a key-bed with Aftertouch like Genos. The AP card also supports a half-damper pedal for variation on sustain.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Bachus

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 08:39:51 AM »
Bachus,

Since I'm not into pianos at the moment, I will present my idea as a question.  Are you familiar with the Yamaha PLG150-AP plug-in card? It has nearly 30MB of wave ROM sampled from the CFIIIS concert grand piano. While it's only 3 layers there are 32 Preset Voices with 64 note polyphony. The board also includes EQ, Reverb, Chorus and Insertion effects.

To make use of this board you would have to go back to the idea of a Motif ES, which comes in 3 sizes and has a key-bed with Aftertouch like Genos. The AP card also supports a half-damper pedal for variation on sustain.

Joe H

I am deffinately considering a motif es, or xs, mostly for the arps..
Xs has more arps.. Es has 2 slots for these boards... VL, VA, AP, FM.. hard choices..

I decided to stick just to the genos as keys for now..
but plan on adding a few more modules to it..

The problem with the Yamaha AP board, is thatit also holds a grand piano with a typical Yamaha sound character... where i am aiming to expand with a warmer sounding grand like Bosendorf or Steinway.. the big advantage of the Yammex is that these sounds feel like internal Genos sounds..and can be used for panel as well as style parts.. just like any other internal sounds..

That and i have money burning in my pocket after selling the modx8..
Just buying a modx7 could also be an option.. but the Genos speakers make it hard to add a top board.. next to that, modx does not have a sheetmusic stand attach which like so many other boards makes it less suited as top board for people like me that often play from sheets..( i have over 300 books with sheetmusic collected over the years, just to much to digitalize)

But, thank you again for the tip

Offline Joe H

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 03:45:46 PM »
I am deffinately considering a motif es, or xs, mostly for the arps..

That's why I bought the Rack XS. The module is lacking in Panel Controls so I recreated them with my MIDI hardware controller.  The Motif Voices and Multis (Performances) blend well with the arranger sounds and I can play the Motif arps using the arranger R1 Voices.

Joe H

Offline chony

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 03:02:25 AM »
How to fill up 3GB?

***. I've been waiting for this. I already have 3gb worth of material and could probably handle much more. It would be amazing not to have to constantly curate my material.

Bachus

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 06:19:24 AM »
How to fill up 3GB?

***. I've been waiting for this. I already have 3gb worth of material and could probably handle much more. It would be amazing not to have to constantly curate my material.

I have been holding off on getting new material... just because of this..
I don’t even have 1GB of stuff..
So there is a lot to look forward too..
Altough... a steinway (1GB) from CMS and the CS80 pack (450MB) from KApro seem to fill the new found room quite fast..

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 09:04:02 PM »
If you happen to like the sound of the old Theatre Organs (such as Wurlitzer and others), there is a great but BIG samples set out there; takes ~1.5 GB or so to load it all.  I don't have a link, but it's something about "Paramount" theatre organ sample set.  Also, it has a great CHIME sound, much better than what is in the Genos/Tyros - and I use that for certain non-theatre-organ sounds, and a lot at Christmas-time . . .

That would half-full our new 3.0GB of space we'll soon have!

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Bachus

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 08:07:48 PM »
If you happen to like the sound of the old Theatre Organs (such as Wurlitzer and others), there is a great but BIG samples set out there; takes ~1.5 GB or so to load it all.  I don't have a link, but it's something about "Paramount" theatre organ sample set.  Also, it has a great CHIME sound, much better than what is in the Genos/Tyros - and I use that for certain non-theatre-organ sounds, and a lot at Christmas-time . . .

That would half-full our new 3.0GB of space we'll soon have!

Jim

Where to get this pack..
Sounds imcredible..

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 08:36:38 PM »
The samples were offered on PSRTutorial See 2-page thread here:
  https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,42338.msg334081.html#msg334081

John

Bachus

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 09:38:53 PM »