Author Topic: happy with my new S975  (Read 128834 times)

Offline hans1966

happy with my new S975
« on: July 17, 2019, 11:17:35 PM »
Hello my dear friends of this wonderful forum, two days ago I changed my S775 for a new S975, and I am very happy with my new baby, doing record programming and creating personalized packs. my records created with voices edited in the S775, work perfectly in my new S975. The bonus audio styles for GENOS were loaded perfectly into the S975 with small adjustments in the voices. I also used the Enildo settings for the Master EQ. I think I have taken a step forward with this keyboard, and I plan to keep it for a long time even if the PSR-X900, or whatever it's called, is released this year, since I have the habit of waiting at least a year or two to observe the operation of the product (O.S, sounds, practicality, new functions) and also the reaction (complaints or comments) towards the new product, although the latter depends more on the needs and criteria of each musician. Having said that I will continue to enjoy the S975 for a long time. Greetings. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Geria

Re: happy with my new S975
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 05:30:54 AM »
Hans,
I received my 975 today and I can concur with your happiness. I upgraded from a 950 and there is a world of difference. Spent 4 hours working and playing. Lots of fun and at 82 it probably will be my last keyboard. You mentioned you downloaded Genos audio styles. Where can I find these? I could not find them on the US Yamaha website. Thanks for your help.

Gerry

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 09:38:49 AM »
Hello Hans. I am also very satisfied with my S975! :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

beykock

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 11:30:34 AM »
Hi Hans & Gerry :

I wish you a lot of fun with your new toys.
Congratulations.💐

Babette

Offline hans1966

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 05:15:26 AM »
Thank you very much, Toril S, Babette, and Gerry for your kind words. I have a lot of work to do with this wonderful keyboard. I have spent a lot of time configuring it, creating new records, carefully selecting each sound of the various expansion packages by editing them, and adjusting volume, effects and equalization. It's a lot of work, but I love it because I'm busy with what I'm passionate about. Greetings. Hans

Offline hans1966

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 05:28:06 AM »
Hans,
I received my 975 today and I can concur with your happiness. I upgraded from a 950 and there is a world of difference. Spent 4 hours working and playing. Lots of fun and at 82 it probably will be my last keyboard. You mentioned you downloaded Genos audio styles. Where can I find these? I could not find them on the US Yamaha website. Thanks for your help.

Gerry

Hello Gerry, go to the wueb to Yamaha in the USA, go to the section of keyboards of arrangements, select GENOS. then go to downloads, and there you will find the bonus styles for GENOS. download them to your PC, be on your PC, open YEM and load the GENOS packages. Keep in mind that the S975's memory for audio styles is quite limited, so I recommend that you select a style for each GENOS package. I did it that way, and in total I was able to load 8 styles of audio, which I think is pretty good considering that the S975 already brings 40 styles + 8 of the GENOS, for a total of 48 styles of Audio. I hope this helps. If you have any problem do not hesitate to write. I hope you continue to enjoy this excellent arranger. Greetings. Hans

Geria

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 07:06:31 AM »
Hi Hans,
Thank you so much for the information. It will be fun to try out these styles. Like you I have been busy exploring this Keyboard, but I usually end up playing all my favorites for a long time, marveling at the difference in sounds from my 950. I'll get going installing the YEM and if I run into trouble I will take you up in helping me. Thanks again!

Gerry

Offline hans1966

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 12:54:39 AM »
Hello Gerry, I hope you continue having fun with this wonderful machine where with a little inspiration you can create beautiful melodies. a hug!!. Hans

Geria

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 07:53:52 AM »
Hi Hans,
Thanks to your help I was able to expand with the Genos audio styles. Mostly Jazz and some country. Couldn't believe my ears. Do we have a "mini Genos" hiding in the S975?

Gerry

Offline DerekA

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 09:16:31 AM »
I believe that these bonus audio styles are actually the tyros 5 audio styles which, for some reason, Yamaha decided not to include as standard on genos.

And yes, the audio engine on s975 is pretty much the same as on genos, both using the same time generator chips.

beykock

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 09:57:16 AM »
The S975 has a very nice sound.☝

Wonder what its successor will bring at the end of 2019, early 2020 ... or later ?

More Genos features and styles ?
Who knows ?🎈

Enjoy your new baby, Guys !  🎤

Babette
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:59:23 AM by beykock »

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 11:09:45 AM »
Hello hans1996,

Excellent choice on the S975, I purchased one recently as well and it's fantastic. If there was only one gripe that I'd fault it for, and that's still the lack of vocal voices on the S series, I know it has some nice Choir voices but it's the vocal voices that are missing, the ones found in the T4 onward and that are incorporated in the styles, it makes a big difference. To compensate, I did buy the vocals pack for the S975 but unfortunately they don't work well when adding them into styles as I don't think they are Mega Voices or suitable for styles.

But other than that, it's a fantastic keyboard and to be honest I really can't see the next model being a huge cut above it as the S975 has so much going for it already!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 12:55:16 PM »
I think the next model will have some Genos features on it and maybe even a couple of new ones plus maybe some new styles. I think it is going to be a really nice little keyboard.

Pino

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 02:47:52 PM »
I agree, ‘Small footprint - Big sound’  has everything to make good music.
EDM and Dance music sounds terrific also the guitars but it’s been a pain to get the Big Band and some other styles to sound as good as the S950 or even the S910,

When I get this one tuned as I want, I don’t think I will be upgrading for a while even if the new SX300 has touch screen, more styles or even SFF3.

Pino

beykock

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2019, 04:59:01 PM »
SFF3 ?????😜

Babette

difezamusic

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2019, 06:31:15 AM »
keyboardist friend I am from Colombia and I plan to buy a psr s975 since the sx900 is 1000 dollars more expensive in my country and I would like to know if you can buy expansions of psr s970 for my future keyboard it happens that in the yamaha soft page there are several expansions for 970 and do not appear for 975 and have several super articulated voices such as the easy Christmas expansion or the expansion of vocal sounds otonosekai voices would greatly appreciate your response and I find it wonderful about the audio rhythms and successful with their musical activities

Pino

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2019, 07:30:21 AM »
Everything that can be loaded into the 970 can be loaded to the 975
Exactly the same keyboard  but have more EDM styles and voices and more memory.
Pino

Offline hans1966

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2019, 05:03:38 PM »
keyboardist friend I am from Colombia and I plan to buy a psr s975 since the sx900 is 1000 dollars more expensive in my country and I would like to know if you can buy expansions of psr s970 for my future keyboard it happens that in the yamaha soft page there are several expansions for 970 and do not appear for 975 and have several super articulated voices such as the easy Christmas expansion or the expansion of vocal sounds otonosekai voices would greatly appreciate your response and I find it wonderful about the audio rhythms and successful with their musical activities

Hello my dear fellow countryman, as Pino said, all the S970 expansion packages work perfectly in the S975. I have several expansion packages myself including Church & Christmas, which I bought for my previous S970, and they work great on my new S975. I hope you have your S975 soon, and enjoy the full potential of this excellent arranger. Regards. Hans

difezamusic

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2019, 07:40:14 PM »
Thank you friend hans for your response I am glad that you are Colombian and to have your knowledge many successes in your musical activities

difezamusic

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2019, 07:43:32 PM »
If you do not bother friend hans I would like to ask you another question, what is the possibility that some sweet, cool or super articulated voices of tyros 4 or 5 work on the psr s975? And there are pages where they get? thank you very much for your attention

Offline hans1966

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2019, 02:15:37 AM »
If you do not bother friend hans I would like to ask you another question, what is the possibility that some sweet, cool or super articulated voices of tyros 4 or 5 work on the psr s975? And there are pages where they get? thank you very much for your attention

As long as they are not SA2 voices, I think the S975 has already inherited many of the Tyros series voices as: sweet, live, and of course SA. I recommend that you download the list of data from the Yamaha website, there you will find all the voices available on the S975, including the PLUS bank. You can also find the Legacy folder, the latter contains voices of previous keyboards. I hope this helps. a hug. Hans

difezamusic

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 07:13:00 AM »
again thanks compatriot keyboardist my question if I did not know how to express it is the following is there a possibility that some super articulated or sweet or cool voice that is not in the data list of the psr s975 can be extracted from a 4 or 5 tyros even if only three or four voices would be a great gain since the expansion voices are not always in that quality dimension thank you very much for your attention and forgive the insistence

Offline hans1966

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2019, 06:40:54 PM »
Hi My Friend, I think that the only way to get specific voices from Tyros 5 is with a professional sampler and sampling each voice, assigning the required dynamics to each key so that it looks a bit like the original voice. I'm speculating Anyway, in the forum there are professional Musicians who know about the topic of Sampling, who can help you better than me. Regards. Hans

Offline Toril S

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2019, 06:47:34 PM »
Havo you tried using voice set to give the existing voices more depth by for instance adding more reverb?
Select a voice, press voice set and experiment with it. When happy, save as a new voice in the user section or on a USB stick.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2019, 10:23:10 PM »
You can not copy and use voices from other keyboards. The only way to get new voices is buy getting packs.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 08:34:43 AM »
True! But you can be more satisfied with existing voices on the keyboard when you modufy them to your liking. But they only work on the same model as Eileen said.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Pino

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2019, 09:32:20 AM »
Eileen, you CAN copy voices from other keyboards

No good copying an SA2 voice to a none SA2 keyboard, they won’t work
But
the Cool, Live and Sweet voices do work.
Copy to your USB stick
Some voices depend heavily on FX
So it has to be applied the same.

Pino
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:34:37 AM by Pino »

difezamusic

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2019, 06:22:04 AM »
Friend, thank you very much for your interest, I would like to ask you a question about the audio rhythms of the tyros 5 that are downloadable for the genos you download, import them to yem and only import the image or information of the keyboard and the downloads you say you can Choosing 8 for being from Tyros 5 are live percussions and no revo is possible to do so or there is a deeper process thanks to your attention

Offline hans1966

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2019, 05:57:52 PM »
Friend, thank you very much for your interest, I would like to ask you a question about the audio rhythms of the tyros 5 that are downloadable for the genos you download, import them to yem and only import the image or information of the keyboard and the downloads you say you can Choosing 8 for being from Tyros 5 are live percussions and no revo is possible to do so or there is a deeper process thanks to your attention

Hello my friend, in the S970, is not possibilite since it does not have enough memory for audio styles. In the S975, you can download through YEM, the audio packages, selecting what is most relevant to you, since the memory for Audio is 128Mb and you will NOT be able to download all the styles. I have done this in my S975, and I have selected what interests me most in each musical genre. I hope this helps. Regards. Hans
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:58:58 PM by hans1966 »

difezamusic

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2019, 07:07:42 PM »
thanks friend as always very useful your knowledge