Author Topic: NEW YAMAHA GENOS USER (from Pa4x)  (Read 3992 times)

RaduRodideal

NEW YAMAHA GENOS USER (from Pa4x)
« on: July 15, 2019, 12:26:51 AM »
Hello guys!
Let me start by saying that recently I have made one of my best decisions ever. After almost 7 years with Korg I switched to Yamaha. Wanted to go to Tyros (4 or 5) but finally went for Genos.
A week has past, and I get more amazed every day by the Genos: the sound, the organized workflow, the easy and intuitive access to everything....it's amazing.
I play professionally, as a pianist and keyboardist (solo, duo, trio, band) and I think I have found what I have been searching for years!
Everybody was telling me how hard will it be for me to learn a new operating system, after years with Korg. It took 2 days and everything made sense. To learn the Korg operating system...I think it kinda took me 2 years to fully understand how things worked, and after years and years of tweaking all the sounds and styles, I didn't get anywhere near to Genos out of the box. It's amazing!

If I may, ask one question.
I always used a tablet for scores and a special app for repertoire management, but....considering the huge display of Genos, and the nice and readable way that scores are displayed (and many other factors that could not coexist with Korg) I realize that I no longer need a tablet, I could read all the cheat sheets straight from the Genos.
Now.....the preset scores look great and display chords and lyrics.
My question is: how could I create my own scores (melody, chords, lyrics). I have tried Finale (I used to work as a sheet music copyist) but there is no way I can get a Midi to export along with lyrics and chords, so they can be opened in Genos.

Do you guys know what software I could use to achieve this, thus creating like my fake book in the Genos.
If you can help me out, I promise to share every score I make with you!

All the best to all of you, and thank you in case you can solve my problem!

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline Ed B

Re: NEW YAMAHA GENOS USER (from Pa4x)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 02:54:31 AM »
Hi
Welcome! PSR Utility (PSRUTI) allows you to add chords and lyrics. It is a free program available along with other utilities on our main web site which can add to your repetoire:
http://psrtutorial.com/util/plate.html
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

RaduRodideal

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 10:01:54 AM »
Hi
Welcome! PSR Utility (PSRUTI) allows you to add chords and lyrics. It is a free program available along with other utilities on our main web site which can add to your repetoire:
http://psrtutorial.com/util/plate.html
Regards
Ed B

Thank you very much for your answer!!!

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 10:07:38 AM »
Congratulations on new instruments.
That's right, PSRUTI is an excellent tool for what you need. This topic is about it, so check out the links I've set up.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,50721.msg396727.html#msg396727
Watch my video channel

RaduRodideal

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 10:14:04 AM »
Thank you very much for your answer!!!

Only problem is that the PSR UTILITY link on www.heikoplate.de page won't open!   (http://www.heikoplate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=44)

Is it maybe beeing updated or something?

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 11:16:38 AM »
... so it works for me. Has ever tried another browser? ;)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 11:27:31 AM »
Congratulations on your new Genos. So nice to read that you are very happy with it and are enjoying playing it.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 12:18:38 PM »
This is a direct link to download PSRUTI.

http://www.heikoplate.de/zips/psruti818_setup.zip
Watch my video channel

RaduRodideal

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 09:04:24 PM »
Thank you for the answers and the support! I mean...wow!

The Genos is great. It is so nice to just...play...not spend hours and hours tweaking styles, sounds, eq-inq them etc., ..everything is perfect with this keyboard.
I just regret not joining the Yamaha community earlier.
I still have a lot of work to do, because I am playing in several setups, and use different styles (tempo and tonality) for the same song, but I just can't get enough of playing for my own pleasure.
Gob bless you all!

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 07:11:03 PM »
Hi Eileen

I am also very happy with the Genos.
No problems whatsoever.
Getting places now with the mixing
Long road.
I reckon that the Genos outweighs all other workstations and the deeper you go the more surprises.
Happy experimenting Radu

All the best
john :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:23:30 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox