Author Topic: Foot pedal to move reg bank  (Read 11045 times)

roger bradbury

Foot pedal to move reg bank
« on: July 12, 2019, 07:30:46 PM »
I wish to move from 1 to 10 on the reg. bank using a foot pedal. Is this possible please ? 

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Foot pedal to move reg bank
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 10:27:39 PM »
I wish to move from 1 to 10 on the reg. bank using a foot pedal. Is this possible please ?

Simple. Just turn on the registration sequencer.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Stijn

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 07:50:49 AM »
Hi Roger,

Yes, it's possible and it is oh so helpful! As Fred says; use the Sequencer.
I've been using that Sequence function in my Registrations for years now and couldn't do without it anymore.

I use the studiologic vfp2, which has 2 pedals. It's very solid.
https://www.keymusic.com/be/item/studiologic-vfp210/?q=studiologic%20vfp2&

I use the right pedal to move forward in my Registration bank, following the instructions as programmed in the Sequence.
The left pedal can be used to move backward in the Registration, but I prefer to use it for other commands, like 'SyncStart' or 'Break'...

Stijn

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 09:35:18 AM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

roger bradbury

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 09:34:07 PM »
Sir ,  I must be missing something  I have tried and tried to use    foot pedal with no luck  Should I be saving ? Do I have to do this to all registrations before playing ? Please, will you go through set up again for an old bu????    thank you  Roger

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 10:08:45 PM »
Sir ,  I must be missing something  I have tried and tried to use    foot pedal with no luck  Should I be saving ? Do I have to do this to all registrations before playing ? Please, will you go through set up again for an old bu????    thank you  Roger

There is nothing to save, and only one setting.

You go to the registration sequence screen in utility. Turn on the sequencer. Accept the defaults for the other settings, or change them as desired.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Stijn

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 09:03:50 AM »
Hello Roger,

Please check your mailbox.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

roger bradbury

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 03:38:40 PM »
Sir,   bradburyroger@yahoo.co.uk     thank you.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 10:46:29 PM »
You must make sure you have the sequence turned to ON and then exit the page. Now what ever you set your pedals to will work.
  If you have set up a specific sequence order for a particular song then you need to save it to that registration bank.

HerbieK

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 11:56:16 PM »
Yes Eileen!
I did saved Sequence to ON, but next day Sequence using Start-up registration, the Sequence was Off and the registration I made for "Scheewalzer" Did't turn the Reg. Sequence On. Tyros4 show no Freeze for this on/off button.
Once this is set On, it work with all my other registration too, but I don't wont this.
I think, I have to go Directly to the Sequence enable button and turn it on or off as needed. Herb 

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 02:25:43 AM »
Yes Eileen!
I did saved Sequence to ON, but next day Sequence using Start-up registration, the Sequence was Off and the registration I made for "Scheewalzer" Did't turn the Reg. Sequence On. Tyros4 show no Freeze for this on/off button.
Once this is set On, it work with all my other registration too, but I don't wont this.
I think, I have to go Directly to the Sequence enable button and turn it on or off as needed.

You can turn the Sequencer on only manually. A registration cannot change the sequencer setting.

Once you turn the sequencer on, you never have to touch it again. Unless, of course, you want to turn it off, but why would you ever want to do that?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

HerbieK

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 11:06:25 PM »
Hello Fred!
Thank you very much for your reply. I use the pedal 1 for Sustain or Lesley Speaker and pedal 3 for Volume, pedal 2 is set for Articulation 1 why I don't know. Maybe that is one I could use to set it permanently for Sequence changes. Herb 

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 11:57:36 PM »
Hello Fred!
Thank you very much for your reply. I use the pedal 1 for Sustain or Lesley Speaker and pedal 3 for Volume, pedal 2 is set for Articulation 1 why I don't know. Maybe that is one I could use to set it permanently for Sequence changes. Herb 

Yes, when you use the registration sequencer, you need to dedicate a pedal to it. Any one will do.

I also turn off the Regist- pedal, as I never use that feature.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 08:50:16 PM »
Yippee I've followed your instructions and managed to get my pedal to advance registrations. I don't know what I did wrong but it's working now. Thanks again.