Author Topic: ORGAN SETTINGS ON 670  (Read 4747 times)

Offline jay

ORGAN SETTINGS ON 670
« on: July 04, 2019, 12:05:01 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to get the clicking sound of my organ settings please ?

Offline DerekA

Re: ORGAN SETTINGS ON 670
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »
Higher models have 'organ flutes' voices which let you add drawbar percussion.

But the S670 does not have these voices.

I don't think you can do anything to the organ voices on the S670 to change them significantly.

You could try layering a voice on R2, and setting it to have a very sharp attack / release.
Genos

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 03:40:54 PM »
You could try layering a voice on R2, and setting it to have a very sharp attack / release.

Derek's suggestion is a good one.

Shortening the attack time will reveal key click noise IF it was sampled into the basic waveform for the voice.

In terms of layering, perhaps there is a "sound effect" noise -- like a click -- which can be layered onto the organ voice. Then, you could adjust the amount of key click by setting the volume levels.

Hope this helps -- pj

Online overover

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 08:06:05 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to get the clicking sound of my organ settings please ?

Hi jay,

the S670 has 32 MB of built-in Expansion Memory. You can download the voice "CMS Wersi Key Click" (size 0,5 MB) from this German website:

http://www.cms-sounddesign.de/page104.html

You have to use YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager) program on a PC or Mac to import the downloaded .ppf file. Then make your own .ppi file (Pack Installation File) on a USB Stick and install it on your S670.

Then you can load the new "Click" voice on R2 part and combine it with an Organ voice on R1 part. (You can adjust the volumes of the two R parts, of course.) :)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 02:56:12 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)