Author Topic: Getting The Best Of A Tyros 4.  (Read 5165 times)

musicalmemoriesuk

Getting The Best Of A Tyros 4.
« on: June 27, 2019, 09:17:24 PM »
Some members like me will have a new to them Tyros 4.

Thought it would be nice to start a feed on getting the best out of a Tyros 4.

Re: Getting The Best Of A Tyros 4.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 06:44:23 AM »
Hello musicalmemoriesuk

Whatever the voice used, I always recommend using the "Voice Set" and changing this voice with "Depth", "Offset" (always set to 64) and "Bright" to magnify the sounds of our instruments which will immediately have another dimension and a realism that we do not suspect and it is not only these settings.

See page 11 to 15 of the Tyros 4 Reference Manual.

With the habit it only takes a few seconds thereafter to get magnified and astonishing voices of presence and dynamism.

This function will make you discover that the volume of some voices can be pushed a little higher and if we add the settings of the "Voice Set" "Depht" and "Offset" always leveled base on 64, this function will allow you to increase the presence and dynamics of your voices without changing your current game.

For example on your main screen if you select for example the voice of Right 1 with the guitar "ConcertGuitar" soon you will have the words "Voice Set" that will appear in the bottom of your screen.

You will click on the corresponding key and you will see that for "ConcertGuitar" the setting "Depht = 64" and ditto for the setting "Offset" = 64.

If you modify for example the value "Depht 90" and "Offset 22" without modifying your game, you will perceive immediately that the rendering of the guitar will be even more sensitive and the instrument will be much more expressive and powerful. There are also other tabs on this page "Controlleur" "Sound" "Effect / EQ" and "Harmony" also offer settings to test.

It is in this window of "Voice Set" that the volume of some instruments can be really pushed to 127 because some are nevertheless well below this value (110 to 120) whereas the main page indicates for those there, a level already 127 ??

It's not just these settings all the other tabs can also adjust the sounds.

After all you need to memorize everything in a registration to keep your settings. We must also be able to memorize a well-tuned voice in a new folder by giving it another name.

Just train and you will discover the hidden treasures of your voices of your Tyros 4 which will become after settings the sounds of a real Tyros 4 !!

This is how demonstrators prepare the performances of their keyboards by using registrations where voices are well magnified.

Best regards

Jean-Pierre 33

The following users thanked this post: resoldie, Ryszard Bieszczad

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 10:32:36 AM »
Thank you which of the touch serttings do you recommend. And what eq settings for the Tyros 4 speaker system ?

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 01:05:13 PM »
Just wondered what level the brightness should be set at ?

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 07:30:49 PM »
Hi musicalmemoriesuk,
there is no such thing as "fixed" and "correct" levels about the voice set.
A sound with some settings maybe great for a particular song and style song and for another song it is just doesn't fit.

Jean-Pierre is just telling you that whenever you like a voice and want to use it for a song don't just use it as it is although it may sounds fine at first thought.
You shall enter to the voice edit menu and mess around with the effects to see if by changing an effect the voice would sound even better.
Then you pick your second voice and do the same thing and try to find the "sweet spot" between the volumes of these two voices (which one would be louder? which one will have a panning to the right and which will have a panning to the  center or to the left? etc) and your playing.
Jean-Pierre is also right that if you do this, after a while you will be able to make the voices as you wish in few minutes for every song.

Then the next step is to do the same with the voices in the styles by using the Mixing Console.

A good start for me is to pick a voice from the OTS of a style.
Lets say I want a saxophone,so I can go into the folder with the Jazz styles and search if there is a style with a sax that I like to begin with or listen to some OTS saxophones to get ideas about the sound that I want for a specific song.