Author Topic: VOICE category selection (T4)  (Read 4211 times)

Offline Halesowen Kid

VOICE category selection (T4)
« on: June 20, 2019, 06:01:09 PM »
Hello,

I'm a beginner when it comes to the Tyros4 keyboard having only owned it for about two years and at my age learning to play it is a most rewarding challenge, but my playing ability is improving day by day.

My question to you is please. At times when I've selected a VOICE ie. Saxophone section - Tenor Sax. The sound produced is somewhat flat or hissy and the sound is nothing like the DEMO sound version for that instrument.

Have I got something wrong in my settings?

Thank you in advance.

Mike

« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 06:03:08 PM by Halesowen Kid »

Offline Toril S

Re: VOICE category selection (T4)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 07:35:54 PM »
No, I have this issue with some voices on my Tyros 5 too. Check the modulation wheel. Some voices get weaker if the wheel is not all the way down. It often moves out of place while playing becuase of the vibration.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Halesowen Kid

Offline Halesowen Kid

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:54:25 PM »
No, I have this issue with some voices on my Tyros 5 too. Check the modulation wheel. Some voices get weaker if the wheel is not all the way down. It often moves out of place while playing becuase of the vibration.

Thank you for the info' TS I'll give it a try.

Mike

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 08:03:37 PM »
There has been many discussions on the forum over the years about the apparent difference between the demo sound and the same voice when played. It is possible to check the effects and settings on a demo voice, and I believe that the conclusion nearly always was that the skill of the player, rather than different effects or settings,  was what made a difference.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Halesowen Kid