Author Topic: Anyone tried using a different set of speakers to replace the Genos Satellites?  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Depo1964

In the Owner's Manual on pg 20, item 30, (pg 21, item 42) it says it can be used
"For connecting an optional set of speakers." ...
and does not mention that only the GNS-MS01s can be used.

While I await Yamaha Support on this subject I thought I would ask here.
If it is possible to connect these (L & R) to two channels on my QSC TouchMix16
and connected to a pair of QSC K12s.
thx in advance.

gerarde

I believe the satellites get their power and info from the subwoffer that is connected to the din input on the back of the Genos.
I use a pair of QSC K12's myself and just use the MAIN OUT L/R jacks.

Regards,
Gerard

Offline DaveS

When I bought my Genos, I didn't opt in for the subwoofer & speakers as a seperate option.  I did have the setup from my Tyros II and believe it would also work, but my subwoofer cabinet was damaged by water and crumbled apart.  I still me re-make a box for it at some stage but don't find I really need to.

What I use now is simply a line out from the back into my Samson amplifier and speakers.  I also have a Bose L1 linear amp that I use for my gigging, but it stays more or less in the van.

I find the amp + speakers system used at home to be very adequate, even more than I need, but it works fine.  The AUD$500 cost for the MS101 speakers make it a bit too much of a spend for the same kind of output, imho.

regards

Dave
Genos, Fender Acoustic Guitar, Lap Steel, Besson Cornet
Entertainer at local restaurants, clubs etc
Radio presenter at CairnsFM, Cairns, Qld
Program Executive at Phoenix 96.3fm, Bundaberg

Offline Depo1964

I believe the satellites get their power and info from the subwoffer that is connected to the din input on the back of the Genos.
I use a pair of QSC K12's myself and just use the MAIN OUT L/R jacks.

Regards,
Gerard
Hi Gerard,
Sounds like the K12s will be enough... Still haven't heard back from yamaha support yet.... thx for the info
ciao,  Dan

gerarde

Hi Dan,

On the QSC's, I use the settings LF to  BOOST, HF to Vocal and set mic/line to LINE.
I then set the volume at about 10 oclock and then on the Genos control the master volume accordingly.
I have used the QSC's previously on my TYROS 5-76 and PSR S970.

Regards,
Gerard

Mike2

Anyone have or tried the Lucas Nano 300?  I have tried the Bose L1, the Compact, the Yamaha HS8 near field, and nothing compares especially price wise. I use them for Liturgical music in a church, which can sit 600, with no problem. I also have a set for home use. Ebay has great deals on these at times. The Bose are good, but you need stereo with the Genos, and the Lucas Nano 300 give you that.

Offline ugawoga

Hi

A pair of Yamaha DXR8'S would good as you could take them out and also use them at home without using a sub bass speaker..
 They are about £900 a pair and with a pair of £40 stands they would last a lifetime
If you want some great speakers for home ,i suggest Focal Alpha 50's . About £300 a pair ,but what quality for the price.
All i want at the moment is to get rid of my toothache ugggh!!!!  :-[

All The Best
JOHN :(
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox