Author Topic: Tyros-2 voices convert to Tyros-3  (Read 9395 times)

biuro74

Tyros-2 voices convert to Tyros-3
« on: May 29, 2019, 03:27:46 PM »
Hi,

I've found Expansion Pack called "Super EditionWeb" ("HD_SE" folder) which is located in Tyros-3 download directory at Yamaha main page.
But in fact, as I found, it is "Tyros2 Super Edition Platinum" and was being sold with Tyros-2. It's apparently Yamaha's mistake in positioning the file in correct directory, however I try to convert these files for use with Tyros-3.

There are 4 directories here: registrations, styles, voices and multipads.

Styles are the simplest job - just copy & paste and they work.
Voices - it's where hard thing begins. Tyros-2 uses 3 types of files:
* TVN - contains set of samples
* TVI - definition of TVN files being loaded
* TVD - custom drum voice

I've found these files to be incombatible with Tyros-3. But there's a utility that converts TVN files into UVN ones - called "Awave studio". It will not convert TVI, or TVD files, howewer (maybe it is some workaround to convert TVD files with RAW data load and some kind of setup/ammendments = I don't know). I've tried to rename TVI to UVI and then, in these files, change all "TVN" into "UVN" extensions.

Effect - Library Load from Voice Creator will end up with "A certain voice has not been loaded properly" (there's was no TVD files in UVI definition file yet, so it must be something wrong either with some UVN converted file, or UVI format = which is purely taken from Tyros-2 as I changed only TVN extensions to UVN leaving all rest untouched).

Have you got any clue how to complete my mission ? Where to find out UVI and TVI files format ?

Cheers,
Martin

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Tyros-2 voices convert to Tyros-3
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 05:03:42 PM »
Hi Martin,

You should try this program from Yamaha...

Tyros3 FileConverter V1.0.0

Windows 2000,Windows XP,Windows Vista,Windows 7 64bit

This application is for users of the Tyros2, and converts Registration Memory, Song, Style(including OTS), Multi Pad, Custom Voice, and Custom Voice Library created on the Tyros2 for use with the Tyros3/Tyros4.

Link :    https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/fileconverter_tyros3.html

Looking at the contents of the pack that you refer to, it appears to be much the same as the 'Tyros3 Euro Pack', which is already in Tyros3 & 4 format.

Link:  https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/euro_pack_tyros3.html

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 05:22:07 PM by tyrosaurus »

biuro74

Re: Tyros-2 voices convert to Tyros-3
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 09:55:04 PM »
Thank you for quick reply.

In the meanwhile I've found somehow solution using 3rd party software (Awave) and converting  all TVN files into UVN format. However, it didn't convert TVI (and TVD) files, so I had to manually load each voice separately as Library Load function didn't work properly, even if I ammended content of TVI file and changed its extension to UVI. I can say I was 50% successful due to not all voice files worked after all - so now I'm going to delete these files from library and try Yamaha Converter - which I couldn't find before (having no knowledge what I'm strictly looking for).

By the way, do you know why demo files from Tyroses cannot be recorded via MIDI-ed DAWs ? I've tried MIDI A and MIDI B (default port where songs are sent to) with no luck. I remember I've recorded demos long time ago on PSR-740, but since then Yamaha changed (like limited) MIDI functions to some kind of absolute minimum, so now I can't find a way to record it. I'm able to record songs, but not songs from flash memory (Sample Songs) - Tx monitor in Function->MIDI->All Parts->Edit->Transmit shows no MIDI activity on both ports. Is it Yamaha lock ?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:56:39 PM by biuro74 »