Author Topic: USB and MIDI USB USB HUB  (Read 3864 times)

DCKeyboard

USB and MIDI USB USB HUB
« on: May 14, 2019, 06:08:56 AM »
I just purchased from Ebay a USB Midi for the PSR 280 and I just bought another USB for  my YPG 235. I lost the USB for it and idk where that is. But the USB is specific for the YPG 235 which I'm happy that I did. In 2 weeks or so I'm going to be streaming Live on Twitch tv. I've rearranged my bedroom. So far I've got 3 webcams, 2 Monitors and the 3rd one will be up above the 2 keyboards plus a yeti and a Logitech 5.1 surround sound.

mmmm talk about 7 years of Streaming Experience lol. People might tell me I'm crazy.... ;D

My question about the Midi USB and the YPG USB, I'm thinking about buying a USB Hub only for my 2 keyboards since I just don't have enough USB's on my pc. Will it work using both of them if needed?

I want to learn about using Loops of Music by Studio One 4 (Similar to Cubase) Which I cannot Afford right now. It is way over my budget.

SeaGtGruff

Re: USB and MIDI USB USB HUB
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 01:14:37 PM »
In the Owners Manual for some models it says you can NOT connect the keyboard's USB-MIDI (TO HOST) to a USB hub, that it should be connected directly to the computer. In the Owners Manual for other models it does not say this.

So you can start by checking the manuals for your models to see what they say, and then try it to see whether it works.

DCKeyboard

Re: USB and MIDI USB USB HUB
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 09:55:03 PM »
I will buy me a HUB to test it out with the DAW software I can use.

The following users thanked this post: casiokid