Author Topic: s770 Sound setup  (Read 5523 times)

Mikey6

s770 Sound setup
« on: June 06, 2019, 09:10:13 AM »
I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up my saved sounds.
I don't use the styles, so at the moment I'm using the 8 Registration memory buttons to save up to 8 sounds. This has been ok except when I need more than 8 sounds per show. I'm a bit averse to swapping registration banks during the show, I like to have the whole show's sounds available on one register bank.

So I just realised with the One Touch Setting I can have 4 sounds on the 1 memory button and cycle through with a foot switch. Trouble is, as the OTS works with the styles, it automatically turns on the accompaniment which I don't want and I can't find a way to turn it off. Any ideas?

Hopefully that all makes sense.

Or, any other thoughts on a more efficient way to set all this up?

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: s770 Sound setup
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 09:18:42 AM »
Well a Really big and useful option would be to use Two Banks. 
Quick and easy access is to use the + and - buttons.
Another option is the OTS.

The way I would see to set around it would be to

Setting the Split Point for the Style also Volume for the Style. 
It still plays but it won't he heard.

Regards Norman!
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 09:38:15 AM »
You can double up in a registration by loading different voices into R1 and R2. You would have to make a second selection though - select registration then R1 or R2.
Another idea if you don’t use styles is to have one style selected, but don’t switch it on. I think you would still have access to the 4 OTS settings as well this way even if the style is not playing, but have to admit I am not sure on this never having tried it.
Mike

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 01:38:47 PM »
I would recommend that you try to get past your reluctance to use more than one bank. It really is the best way to achieve what you want.

Remember you can resave a bank under any name you want, or in any folder, so for example you could have a folder of banks just for each show if you wanted.

Mikey6

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 05:02:07 AM »
Thanks everyone.
Folders might be the way to go I think.

Seems odd that you can't switch off the accomp link to the OTS.
I had got around it with the split/mute option but thought there must be an easier way...

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 12:24:18 PM »
Seems odd that you can't switch off the accomp link to the OTS.

Well .. it's because OTS is actually a feature of accompaniment, setting up suitable voices to go with the style you picked. It doesn't really make sense without the associated style.

That's why registrations are so powerful. They can set up voices, styles, multipads, whatever ... and when you save the registration you get to choose which, of any, of these things it contains. So a registration that just saves the voices is doing exactly what you were trying to do with the OTS. Remember you can also cycle though a registration bank using the footswitch.
Genos

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 12:44:23 AM »
On your keyboard, you have this wonderful little button on the right side that allows you to select voices from an expansion/User area, which can hold as many voices as you wish. Just press the button and you will have a page of 10 areas where you can store user voices, then press the button next to the voice you wish to use - it's that easy. Be sure, however, that you remember to select the right hand voice you wish to play, R-1, R-2, ahead of time, because this is where the voice will be sent. Also, turn off the OTS link so you can retain those specially tuned voices when you change variations.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline panos

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 06:04:30 AM »
Hi mickey,
as long as you don't use styles,using the OTS is not a good idea.
How do you like to find the style with your favourite OTS and then moving to the next style with the other OTS etc?
Instead of the styles you could find the registrations.
8 combination of voices for each bank.
You can easillly have acces to regs by pressing the letter "J"and the white "+" and "-" buttons above the keybed and the foot pedal will moe you to the next reg.

Make a folder on the usb and put every reg in there, or if you have enough free space that you don't use, save them at the user area.

To transfer the voices from your OTS's to the reg buttons it is quite easy.
Press the OTS button,then set to  disable the ACCMP,Start and Auto start button and then press Memory and the Reg button.
Just remember to uncheck the style before you save your first registration.
When you have done with all the 8 reg buttons(or less if you wish) Save the registration.
Then move to create a new bank of regs.
Before that test the first one to see if it works fine.
(To test a reg we always must load another reg and then go back and reload the one we want to test.This step is very important).

You can name the regs either by the songs you are playing or by the genre of sounds they contain or anyhing that helps yu remember what's in there.