Author Topic: Genos and Songbook  (Read 8552 times)

Ben22

Genos and Songbook
« on: April 19, 2019, 12:50:00 PM »
Hi everyone,
My query is I have a problem with Songbook when all my registrations are saved to a usb. I can't seem to get it working when accessing the usb. Problem seems to be the "saved" registrations on the usb stick.
For some reason I think the "linking" is lost to the usb. Am I doing something wrong with transfer to usb stick? All registrations work fine from "user" registrations in keyboard. Am using MD-BT01 bluetooth adapter. Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Ben

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Genos and Songbook
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 01:29:41 PM »
Hi everyone,
My query is I have a problem with Songbook when all my registrations are saved to a usb. I can't seem to get it working when accessing the usb. Problem seems to be the "saved" registrations on the usb stick.
For some reason I think the "linking" is lost to the usb. Am I doing something wrong with transfer to usb stick? All registrations work fine from "user" registrations in keyboard. Am using MD-BT01 bluetooth adapter. Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Ben

What do you mean by "transfer to the USB stick"?

Are you transferring after you’ve linked the registration?  If so, that’s your problem.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Ben22

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 02:55:01 PM »
I have saved my registrations with all linked to Songbook+ in my "user"  folder named Registrations in the Genos. I then save them to my usb stick in same named folder "Registrations. With both folders and information being the same I would think that the"linking" would remain intact but when I try to access from usb stick, Songbook doesn't respond but from "User" folder within Genos everything is o.k

Cheers Ben

Offline StuartR

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 03:57:38 PM »
I have saved my registrations with all linked to Songbook+ in my "user"  folder named Registrations in the Genos. I then save them to my usb stick in same named folder "Registrations. With both folders and information being the same I would think that the"linking" would remain intact but when I try to access from usb stick, Songbook doesn't respond but from "User" folder within Genos everything is o.k

Cheers Ben

The link that Songbook+ creates is device specific. It will only look for the registrations where they were when you created the link in Songbook+.

Offline gskip

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 04:33:42 PM »
I have a problem to solve. All my registrations are saved on the HD in Genos with links to Songbook files. Everything works fine and I don’t want to mess that system up.
Now, I may be doing some side jobs with another musician and therefore anticipate making new registrations for some of my songs.
I know to put the new regs and styles, midis, or mp3s on a flash drive. But my question is about linking these new or changed registrations to my songbook files. Will I need to copy the PDFs and rename them for the new venture? Or is there another way?
Thanks,
Skip

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 07:50:58 PM »
Skip,

You will want to create new PDFs.

The links are one-for-one (one Songbook file to one registration). If you link a songbook file to a difference registration, it will break the link to the old one.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 11:16:26 PM »
I have a problem to solve. All my registrations are saved on the HD in Genos with links to Songbook files. Everything works fine and I don’t want to mess that system up.
Now, I may be doing some side jobs with another musician and therefore anticipate making new registrations for some of my songs.
I know to put the new regs and styles, midis, or mp3s on a flash drive. But my question is about linking these new or changed registrations to my songbook files. Will I need to copy the PDFs and rename them for the new venture? Or is there another way?
Thanks,
Skip

Hi Skip,

you can use multiple Books in Songbook+! These Books can use the same PDFs, but you can link to different Registrations in a different Book. (The current version of SB+ is V3.4.1.)

Please read chapter 23 in the user manual of Songbook+ (page 45), BUT the first line there is WRONG:

First press the "open book" symbol ( 📖 ) at the left side of the SB+ status bar, and then press "Edit books". Now press "Use multiple books", then "Done" and then select your "old" Book. You can also edit the NAME of your Book(s) (before pressing "Done").

Now you are in your "old" Book again, and you can COPY your "Songs" (entries) to a NEW book, but only one by one:

Be sure to have selected "Show all songs (without playlists)" after pressing the Playlist menu symbol.

To copy a particular "Song", press and HOLD its line and select "Copy song to other book" in the popup window. (You can rename this new Book later by repeating the first steps I mentioned.)

When you have copied all desired "Songs" to the new Book, you can link them (one by one) to new/different Registrations.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:19:10 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 11:00:27 PM »
@gskip
Hi Skip,

did you already try my tips from reply #6 (working with more than one "book" in Songbook+)?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline gskip

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 11:59:29 PM »
Chris,
Thanks a lot. That should work fine. I’m going to try it  after this weekend, when I have the time.
Skip