Author Topic: What Board to replace my T1  (Read 5105 times)

LeoDunne

What Board to replace my T1
« on: May 03, 2019, 10:37:02 PM »
Hi Folks
           Forgive me if my last post went astray.....
Im a novice and think I got it wrong first time ....maybe  maybe not
I have a psr9000 a T1 and a T2 .   The T2 is my giggin' machine and the T1 for home use .The T1 has given great service in the past , but has got very tired .      I think I am looking at the T4 or T5 to replace the T1 but will take some guidance on the issue. ???

Many thanks
LeoD :)

Online Toril S

Re: What Board to replace my T1
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 10:41:43 PM »
Hello Leo. I recently purchased a used T5 and sm very satisfied with it. But they are becoming hard to find. If you gig a lot you might also comsider the Genos. It is smaller and lighter than tha Tyros models, and has  76 keys. The price has gone down a little, but it is still an expensive machine. Good luck in choosing :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:00:37 AM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 03:01:48 AM »
Hi Folks
           Forgive me if my last post went astray.....
Im a novice and think I got it wrong first time ....maybe  maybe not
I have a psr9000 a T1 and a T2 .   The T2 is my giggin' machine and the T1 for home use .The T1 has given great service in the past , but has got very tired .      I think I am looking at the T4 or T5 to replace the T1 but will take some guidance on the issue. ???

Many thanks
LeoD :)

I would replace all 3 with a Genos. It's almost as light as a PSR, and a lot lighter than a Tyros. And it has 76 keys.

With one machine, you don't have to worry about trying to maintain compaitbility across devices.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Linda K

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 04:36:07 AM »
It is certainly a matter of personal preference.

I originally owned T1 and have had the opportunity to to play Tyros 2, 4 and 5. I wouldn’t swap my T3 because I like it’s overall sound compared to the T4 and T5.  Also to me, the strings are sweeter.

However, if it became  necessary to upgrade, I would prefer another T3 or the T5 and not Genos, as I would find all the buttons/controls on the Genos much more difficult to operate as I don’t have any fingers on my left arm and play single finger chords with my stump.

Best wishes Leo in the choice you make. I’m sure you’ll  continue to enjoy  any keyboard you own.

Linda K

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 01:13:41 PM »
Hi Leo,
  Unless you really need three keyboards I have to agree with Fred. Go for Genos. You will be amazed at the Styles and voices on this machine and the touch screen is very easy and convenient to use. You can use your Tyros registrations and styles you may have also Multi pads. You will as most keyboards now find a Legacy voice folder with some sounds from previous models.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 02:07:11 PM »
Plus 1, my vote is for a Genos.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 07:38:24 PM »
Hello Leo,

I think Fred has summed it up nicely and Eileen makes a valid contribution also.

Technology has moved on now since Tyros models and you can derive great benefits and pleasure from the Genos whilst moving with the times.

It has to be a personal decision but personally, I don’t regret buying my Genos.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

Bachus

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 08:08:26 PM »
Everything depends on your budget, i would guess..