Author Topic: New Pack for Genos Free if you are quick  (Read 26743 times)

Offline manuel

Re: New Pack for Genos Free if you are quick
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2019, 09:34:51 PM »
Thank you for your kind words,  and yes in deed, I am honor to be part of the great team that develop this packs in YCA and YCJ, and there are other teams like this all over the world...that developing packs for other regions, so, we are trying to develop content in Voices and Styles for all the ethic groups. This way is more customized to the taste of the player, not matter where is located.

You can email me at manuelphx1@gmail.com I will try to assist you any way I can.

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline BartW

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2019, 12:45:08 AM »
Muchas Gracias Eileen! Perfect for the Summer Pool Parties.

Offline ninokorg

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2019, 07:43:51 AM »
Grazie...Grazie...Grazie
scaricato funziona bene
Grazie ;D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2019, 08:24:11 AM »
I had a problem with my address in my account, but I reassigned the missing information and after that it worked.

About the lag of website loading, it's a pain, indeed. They have to change/resign their IT team, because it's a disaster  :D

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:26:10 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline jugge

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2019, 01:35:13 PM »
Thank you so much for sharing this. I received my Genos on Saturday and already got 2 expansion packs for free (the second one when I registered my Genos)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:36:33 PM by jugge »
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline pjd

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2019, 02:29:09 PM »
I had a problem with my address in my account, but I reassigned the missing information and after that it worked.

Thanks, Vali. At least, when they migrate a database, they need to post a front page banner asking customers to check their account profile. Really, how difficult is that?

All the best -- pj

Offline chuckeys123

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2019, 02:52:39 PM »
thanks Eileen. Just got it

Offline EileenL

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2019, 05:03:40 PM »
Hi Manuel,
  I have now had a chance to try this pack and must say I am not very impressed by it. Was very surprised to see that most of the pack voices had a piano icon on them. This is very poor and confusing if when looking at the main screen you want quickly to see what you are using. It certainly needs working on to bring it up to standard.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2019, 07:06:28 PM »
Thanks Eileen,
With me it worked out quickly!
I can not wait to get home and taste everything!

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline manuel

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2019, 06:42:42 AM »
Eileen

Are you sure you loaded the proper version of the pack to your keyboard?, that happens if you load a PSR S pack into a Genos or so.....we are very careful not just selecting the voices but everything, and is not check 3 or four times, more like 12, we send it after we process everything and checked 6-7 times or more, then goes to Japan, and there is re-check for more people.

Tip, make sure you use to make the pack and have the latest version of the Yamaha Expansion Manager. VERY important. When you gather several packs, make sure you did not un-selected voices or made changes to the pack, that will also have an effect.

This has happen....Some people, "edit" the pack by removing items to make room for other packs, and since they do not know lets say, what voices we are using on the styles, or OTS, that will have a negative effect on the performance of the Pack.

One thing to experiment with, we added several Multipad banks, this feature is probably the most under-appreciated, and most people that may have many years playing PSR -Tyros, have no clue of the powerful tool that can be, we have included in most of the Latino packs, this MP banks. Most people dont even try them, I give you and example, lets say, you select a Style like Rhumba from the factory PRESET section, this is how could be use, and if you have the Salsa Expansion pack installed, press Multipad, go to USER and then Expansion, Salsa, and select Bolero....if you want to put it in Sync, press the Multipad SELECT and then 1 & 2, to start, if during playing any rhumba of your musical selection, could press in the Multipad 3....see how embellish the song, mainly if you use a Rhumba that may not have percussion, you can even use a Bossa (slow to med) Variation 1 or 2, and use the same trick. 

My 2 cents

Manuel

My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2019, 11:25:14 AM »
Hi Manuel,
  I downloaded the pack for Genos to my account just as I always do. I then loaded into the latest version of YEM. Then together with my other Yamaha packs sent it wirelessly to my Genos. All my other packs worked as they should but as I said this pack when going to the voice parts showed things like Trumpets with Piano icons which I did not think was correct.

Offline alanclare

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2019, 11:53:58 AM »
The dreadful Yamaha web site did its usual tricks and sent me round seemingly endless loops - it happens every time - until more by luck than judgement I managed to hit on the right path to getting the pack, and more importantly, using the token code to avoid paying for it.

It didn't want to send me the zipped files for my s970 - it said that the pack is incompatible with that arranger - but it directed me to one for the s670 instead. The YEM was quite happy to accept that one, and it works beautifully. Thank you Eileen.

Alan
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:23:45 PM by alanclare »

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2019, 01:26:20 PM »
I downloaded the pack for Genos to my account just as I always do. I then loaded into the latest version of YEM. Then together with my other Yamaha packs sent it wirelessly to my Genos. All my other packs worked as they should but as I said this pack when going to the voice parts showed things like Trumpets with Piano icons which I did not think was correct.

Same situation here using the identical workflow. In my case, the voice icons do not display a piano, instead the a yellow coloured text "PACK" is shown.
Regards, Michael

Offline alanclare

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2019, 01:46:54 PM »
In my case all the icons are correct. The YEM reports that I have:
16 Normal Voices and 2 drums
20 Styles
54 Multi Pads
12 Registrations
and one song

Offline valimaties

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2019, 05:05:22 PM »
Hi.
I did not imported this pack in my keyboard, yet.
But YEMCE shows these icons using Genos icons type option:

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline chuckeys123

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2019, 05:43:23 PM »
When I downloaded there was no option for the 770. The download contained  1 ppi and one ppf, both are for 775/975.  Is there a way to convert to 770? Thanks

The following users thanked this post: alanclare

Online sunny

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2019, 05:51:11 PM »
Hi Friends,
          I downloaded this pack and succesfully loaded this pack on YEM,but some voices are not loading in Tyros5 ,not ticked. Any body having this problem ? I am attaching the screen shot.

Sunny

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 05:55:14 PM by sunny »

Offline manuel

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2019, 07:57:31 PM »

The Icons in the Yamaha Expansion manager are as follow, those are to differentiate the file types, Voice, Style, Multipads, Registration, SMF.

Piano Icon = Voice file
2 notes with snare drum = Style file
2 Blue Squares = Registration bank file
4 small squares = Multipad file
2 notes      = Midi file.

Manuel

My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline Patrick

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2019, 10:35:43 PM »
Hi Sunny, i've the same problem with YEM Version 2.4, all the voices are not imported but i can make a PPI for my PSR S970; with YEM version 2.5 all the voices of the pack are imported, selected but i can't make a PPI; a dialogue box said at the end of the process: 'nothing selected ' and in YEM Voice parameter size is empty! I've two computer and the two are having the same problem with YEM 2.5, all the best Patrick
 ;)

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2019, 10:14:49 AM »
I want rock and pop not the Mexican Hat dance!!! ;D  Chumbawumba!! :) Speedy Gonzalez!!! :-X :P ::) 8)
"Get me Outta' here"  "Tijuana Taxi please" :o ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 09:56:19 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2019, 12:38:40 PM »
Hi Sunny,
  This pack is for Genos and 975.
Maybe this is why it is not loading fully into Tyros 5.

Tezwalker

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2019, 03:19:08 PM »
Hi I loaded the pack on my tyros 5. And I have same problem the voices due not load and the regs due not  work at all. The styles are not good as the voices are not there so all in all glad I did not pay for the pack

Terry

Online sunny

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2019, 05:51:02 PM »
Hi Sunny,

Hi Eileen, This free pack is also available  for Tyros5 download on the yamahamuiscsoft website, but not loading fully into Tyros5 . I am attaching the screen shot.Please clarify.

Thanks,
Sunny.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:53:21 PM by sunny »

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2019, 06:11:09 PM »
Thanks Eileen for the notification of the Caliente pack.

I was unable to download it as I could not process it correctly when I logged into my account. When I logged in it stated that there were no files for my Genos. I also had about 10 style files saved in a wish list and they had disappeared to. I tried to add files to the shopping cart but they wouldn't be accepted. I finally rang Yamaha and was helped by a member of staff who couldn't see why I was having problems. I disabled my virus scanner and malware programs but still couldn't get it to work. Cleared out the cache for all of my browsers and still no go. Tried on my mobile phone and also got my son to try on his computer but all failed. The gentleman from Yamaha put the file into my account which finally enabled me to get it.

Yamaha have a real problem here and probably wont sort it until they realise their sales are dropping on the Musicsoft site. I have purchased products from other websites without any problems.

Murray
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

Offline EileenL

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2019, 09:24:29 PM »
Hi Murray,
  Pleased you are sorted. I did not have any trouble at all. Just signed into my account and then found the pack which said Genos to the side of the picture and downloaded it.

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2019, 10:46:58 AM »
The dreadful Yamaha web site did its usual tricks and sent me round seemingly endless loops - it happens every time - until more by luck than judgement I managed to hit on the right path to getting the pack, and more importantly, using the token code to avoid paying for it.

It didn't want to send me the zipped files for my s970 - it said that the pack is incompatible with that arranger - but it directed me to one for the s670 instead. The YEM was quite happy to accept that one, and it works beautifully. Thank you Eileen.

Alan

I've had so much trouble using this site I've given up trying to buy anything from this site.
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

khudson7

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2019, 02:08:32 PM »
At first, I had a dreadful time getting this.  But then remembered I received an email about 6 months ago that said I needed to re-sign in to verify my account,because they were refreshing their accounts or some such nonsense, which I never did.  Since I never did that, when I logged in(first time in more than 6 months), everything for the Genos, came up with nothing found.  Not sure how exactly, I fixed it, but I think it was when I went into my profile and played around with it, saved, and then closed the website and re-logged in again...everything worked as normal and I found this file.  Go Figure... >:( :( :o

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2019, 05:38:55 PM »
Thanks Eileen for the notification of the Caliente pack.

I was unable to download it as I could not process it correctly when I logged into my account. When I logged in it stated that there were no files for my Genos. I also had about 10 style files saved in a wish list and they had disappeared to. I tried to add files to the shopping cart but they wouldn't be accepted. I finally rang Yamaha and was helped by a member of staff who couldn't see why I was having problems. I disabled my virus scanner and malware programs but still couldn't get it to work. Cleared out the cache for all of my browsers and still no go. Tried on my mobile phone and also got my son to try on his computer but all failed. The gentleman from Yamaha put the file into my account which finally enabled me to get it.

Yamaha have a real problem here and probably wont sort it until they realise their sales are dropping on the Musicsoft site. I have purchased products from other websites without any problems.

Murray

Hi, log into your account, go to edit/change billing address. You will probably find some information missing, re-enter your info and save. then log out, in your browser clear your cache and cookies. Then log back in and all should be fine.

Christopher.

Genos2, Montage M6, Maschine Micro NI, Cubase 13, Komplete 14 Ultimate, Arturia Analog Lab, HALion7, Groove Agent 5, HS8 Speakers.

Offline valder

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2019, 05:52:20 PM »
Thank you, Eileen!

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2019, 09:42:24 AM »
"Wanna Dance Conchetta"!! :P

Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2019, 10:36:45 AM »

THAT might be your new profile photo! LOL
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2019, 12:59:23 PM »

For all of you Zappa fans out there...

"Is that a real poncho, I mean, is that a Mexican poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Hmmm... no fooling..."

8)
Regards, Michael

Offline valimaties

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2019, 02:14:59 PM »
Hi Eileen, This free pack is also available  for Tyros5 download on the yamahamuiscsoft website, but not loading fully into Tyros5 . I am attaching the screen shot.Please clarify.

Thanks,
Sunny.

This is a bug on their site. Why? Simple. Please select your instrument as Tyros 5 and search for Caliente. The search result is 0. So no pack will show compatible for Tyros 5, neither Caliente or Caliente PSR. Yes, it loads on Tyros 5, but only some of the content, because the voices made for newer arrangers are different a little bit than old arrangers... I think you can try the PSR pack, and to load PSR S670 version.
See a discussion here

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline AlBags

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2019, 02:35:56 PM »
To be honest ...

This is a crap add-on. These are supposed to be PREMIUM sounds and styles. They are absolutely absolutely not!  Poor sounds, not working correctly.
I think nothing but a MARKETING PLOY by Yamaha. Proper support non-existant. A major update of Musicsoft website and Yamaha 'mixed content quality' is LONG OVERDUE!

So far, best value for money I have found is from ..
Easysounds: Clearly proper time spent on programming, unlike many others.
John Beesley Key-Tab arrangements (expensive but good regs) Great and interesting NEW arrangements.

Pretenders I am NOT happy with ..
Soundpacks (Re-Re-Re Registrations of old songs we heard a million times
before) Don't seem interested in doing anything written this century. Need to get real. Registrations for T5 were ok, buy never followed through with a new registration set promise. A recent attempt at vocal addon multipadsounds very poor.

Not tried yet..
Soundwonderland

Very variable:
Yamaha Musicsoft. Midis all voiced with the same old Bontempi Saxophone from 1970's!
                                    Specific song Style files/maps are good/ok, thats about it!

Al   

😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline AlBags

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2019, 02:40:57 PM »
This is a bug on their site. Why? Simple. Please select your instrument as Tyros 5 and search for Caliente. The search result is 0. So no pack will show compatible for Tyros 5, neither Caliente or Caliente PSR. Yes, it loads on Tyros 5, but only some of the content, because the voices made for newer arrangers are different a little bit than old arrangers... I think you can try the PSR pack, and to load PSR S670 version.
See a discussion here

Regards,
Vali

Hi Vali ..

There are many bugs on the site.  Different users will get different results. The problem is mostly Cookie-handling and different browsers (Desktop and Mobile)
One can get differing results according to browser, cookies on system, and whether you are logged in or not.

All fault of Yamaha Musicsoft. They obviously dont care.

Al.

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2019, 07:50:03 PM »
After trying for days to get the pack with no luck, I finally called Yamaha US.
To my surprise I was connected within 30 seconds.
The guy was super nice and helpful
He had me try a couple of things first. Nothing worked, so he rest my account.
Everything is running smooth again (except for loading time  ;D)
I thanked him and said: "now I download the pack". He replied no worries I already added it to you account :)
Wow. What a great service.
I am a happy Genos camper again.  ;D
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2019, 07:59:22 PM »
Hi Sunny,

Even though I like all kinds of music I am with you on the Rock - Pop expansion pack.
I talked to Yamaha Music Soft US yesterday and asked if they plan to release any of those packs.
The guy was super nice (see my post above). He told me that the developing team is a different department and encouraged me to send an e-mail to Yamaha with my request.
I will definitely do that.
Maybe you can do the same.  ;)
Maybe some others will join in. If they receive enough e-mails they might develop one ...
I will ad that I want a guitar sound ala Pink Floyd and Santana ....  ;D 8)
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline AlBags

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2019, 06:00:32 PM »
Even though I like all kinds of music I am with you on the Rock - Pop expansion pack.
I talked to Yamaha Music Soft US yesterday and asked if they plan to release any of those packs.
The guy was super nice (see my post above). He told me that the developing team is a different department and encouraged me to send an e-mail to Yamaha with my request.
Maybe some others will join in. If they receive enough e-mails they might develop one ...
Eric

As we say in England ..

'I wouldnt hold your breath!'

To be honest, the quality of this pack is not up to scratch.

Al.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2019, 09:56:44 PM »
To be honest ...

This is a crap add-on. These are supposed to be PREMIUM sounds and styles. They are absolutely absolutely not!  Poor sounds, not working correctly.
I think nothing but a MARKETING PLOY by Yamaha. Proper support non-existant. A major update of Musicsoft website and Yamaha 'mixed content quality' is LONG OVERDUE!

John Beesley Key-Tab arrangements (expensive but good regs) Great and interesting NEW arrangements.

before) Don't seem interested in doing anything written this century. Need to get real. Registrations for T5 were ok, buy never followed through with a new registration set promise. A recent attempt at vocal addon multipadsounds very poor.

Not tried yet..
Soundwonderland

Very variable:
Yamaha Musicsoft. Midis all voiced with the same old Bontempi Saxophone from 1970's!
                                    Specific song Style files/maps are good/ok, thats about it!

Al
  I totally agree. It will be the Birdy song package next!! ;D Or Chamber music!!!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 09:57:47 PM by ugawoga »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2019, 10:04:29 PM »
Eric
Again I am with you . I am 68 now and would love more reggae ,Ska rock, Tamla, Atlantic, soul prog, New age, etc.
I would like to know when our generation will be catered for as we are no spring chickens at that. But we are the original sex gods that wore tank tops and 22 inch flairs with hair held in place with a can of Harmony hair spray!! 8) "Dedicated followers of fashion"  "Oh yes he is"!!  ::)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 10:12:07 PM by ugawoga »

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2019, 11:13:09 PM »
Again I am with you . I am 68 now and would love more reggae ,Ska rock, Tamla, Atlantic, soul prog, New age, etc.
I would like to know when our generation will be catered for as we are no spring chickens at that. But we are the original sex gods that wore tank tops and 22 inch flairs with hair held in place with a can of Harmony hair spray!! 8) "Dedicated followers of fashion"  "Oh yes he is"!!  ::)

Now that brought a smile to my face  :) ;D :) ;D :)
Thanks
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

rogerc

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2019, 03:59:39 AM »
To be honest ...

I see individuals contributing more to this site than I do Yamaha contributing to their Musicsoft site.
The Musicsoft site should be much better.