Author Topic: Easy way to swap between R1, R2 and R3?  (Read 3725 times)

Murat

Easy way to swap between R1, R2 and R3?
« on: April 22, 2019, 12:51:56 PM »
Is there an easier way to swap between R1, R2 and R3 rather than actually pressing the buttons (Part on/off)? Does anyone use pedals to do this? Any thoughts please?

Re: Easy way to swap between R1, R2 and R3?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 11:55:23 PM »
Murat, you could set Registrations 1, 2, and 3 to activate R1, R2, and R3. Those buttons are much closer and easily accessible. Make sure the background settings are all the same, except for the R button values.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline andyg

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 11:57:14 PM »
And once you start using those registrations fully, then you can start using registration sequences operated by pedal, rather than pushing buttons.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 12:00:40 AM »
Good one, Andy. I forgot about that. You da man!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Bachus

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 04:51:06 PM »
And once you start using those registrations fully, then you can start using registration sequences operated by pedal, rather than pushing buttons.

Or just use your mfc10 pedal to switch r1, r2 and r3 directly?

There is so many things you can do on Genos to get where you want..
You could also create 3 OTS settings for this...but i agree performances work better for this..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 04:53:01 PM by Bachus »

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 12:08:47 PM »
Is there an easier way to swap between R1, R2 and R3 rather than actually pressing the buttons (Part on/off)? Does anyone use pedals to do this? Any thoughts please?
As R3 is different from R1,R2 concerning the split point, and for smoother switching reasons (it's better to keep the same sound and DSP configuration between registrations), I would like this feature too.

Offline AlBags

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 04:47:12 PM »

Yes ... Registration buttons .. and sequence pedal control is way to go.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!