Author Topic: Audio Multirecording Volume Issues  (Read 4726 times)

melokeyz

Audio Multirecording Volume Issues
« on: April 22, 2019, 12:25:28 AM »
I am currently facing the following volume problems:

1- When using overdub recording, the original recorded data volume became LOW. For example, the original recorded data is the auto-accomp rhythm and the overdub data is my right hand instruments. As a result, the instruments is louder than the rhythm.

2- When I touch the REW/FF arrows to select certain point in the recorded data and then hit record, the recorded data in that certain point became LOW. For example, many times I need to skip a length of recorded data and start recording at certain point instead of forcing myself to listen until it reaches that point. Note that I am not talking about the Punch In/Out as it's a different story.

I set monitor level always to 70 and main level to 90 (its default).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Offline EileenL

Re: Audio Multirecording Volume Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 12:52:52 PM »
I find it far easier to record in midi where you can then edit and adjust volumes ect. When I have it as I want it I then record the midi into the audio recorder. Most people I know do it this way.

melokeyz

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 10:50:11 PM »
I find it far easier to record in midi where you can then edit and adjust volumes ect. When I have it as I want it I then record the midi into the audio recorder. Most people I know do it this way.

Thank you, Eileen for taking the time to reply.

I must admit that I am still learning the instrument even after I have it for 4 months now. So, its learning curve is a little bit steep but not as steep as learning DAW. I've spent most of the time with Genos in creating styles, not recording. I am still relying on Ableton for MIDI recording and Protools for audio recording. Curiously, I wanted to get in touch with the recording in Genos because I am trying to fully utilize it :) So, forgive me If I am explaining things in awkward ways.

Back to audio recording ...

When I record in audio, I am playing a specific style while recording. In MIDI multirecording, I have to record each channel (or track in the DAW world) separately. Not sure If I can play a style in MIDI multirecording. I haven't tried MIDI quick recording but I will try it. But honestly, I hate MIDI recording in Genos because I am more comfortable with my DAW sequencer.  ::)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 11:00:47 PM »
In Quick  Record midi all the tracks are set up for you. All you do is hit record and the style and melody
is recorded as you play. It is so easy to do.