Author Topic: Genos & half-moon rotary command  (Read 3992 times)

pfeuh

Genos & half-moon rotary command
« on: April 21, 2019, 06:02:35 PM »
Hello,

I've searching on the forum some answers to the question "Is there a way to control the rotary speed by the pedal board or by one of the 3 external pedals?" It seems that the answer is "No" for pedal board and other midi controllers, but is there still a chance that it works with one of the 3 external pedals?

Regards,

Pfeuh

Offline EileenL

Re: Genos & half-moon rotary command
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 12:45:48 PM »
Yes  you just set your pedal to DSP then click on or off. Do remember though that some organ rotary effect are controlled by the Modulation wheel also.

pfeuh

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 04:34:42 PM »
Hello,

Thanks a lot, I've found in Menu/Assignable Foot pedal 1&2/Organ rotary slow/fast!

regards,

pfeuh

Offline soryt

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 05:15:11 PM »
Manual ?? 8)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Luluc

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 05:54:02 PM »
The Assignable Foot pedal 1&2/Organ rotary slow/fast works fine but the transition from slow to fast is abrupt and so is not realist.

How to proceed to get an acceleration from the slow speed to the fast one ?
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 07:19:49 PM »
If the fast/slow switch is done through the mod wheel - ie built into the sample - then you can't change the transition.

But if the rotary effect is coming from a DSP, then the DSP will have parameters for the slow speed, fast speed, and transition time.

When you select an organ voice, go to the mixer and the DSP assignment to see if it's using a rotary DSP. Then edit the effect parameters.

pfeuh

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 05:17:51 AM »
Manual ?? 8)
I use it often. What I would like to do is just remoting the orange button on left called rotary sp/assignable. It works fine but... It's not physically as a half moon.

Offline pjd

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 01:54:34 PM »
The Assignable Foot pedal 1&2/Organ rotary slow/fast works fine but the transition from slow to fast is abrupt and so is not realist.

Hi --

The acceleration times (e.g., Slow-Fast Time of Horn) can be adjusted for the REAL ROTARY and ROTARY SPEAKER1 effects. Please see the Genos Data List PDF, page 64.

For REAL ROTARY, only the Horn times can be changed because Genos only supports 16 DSP parameters. Yamaha need to change this limitation. Montage and MODX expose the full set of DSP parameters for this effect and allow adjustment of the Woofer speeds, too. Yamaha's engineers are making new DSP effects with more than 16 parameters!

All the best -- pj

pfeuh

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 06:04:44 PM »
Hello,

I have just tested the command Foot pedal 1&2/Organ rotary slow/fast on my genos with a drawbars organ... It works, the leslie doesn't change immediatly, it takes a little time, that's great!

Pay attention to the fact that drawbars sounds are much better than the other organ ones because of this particular behavior of the leslie. Cherry on the cake, if you have a drawbars sound on left hand and another one on the right hand, the leslie works the same way on the two hands... this is not the case with the other organ sounds!

bigdave

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 06:19:55 PM »

If you use the drawbar presets you get a more realistic slow - fast, you can also change the speed and type of Leslie in settings, hope that helps.