Author Topic: Low volume on some instruments  (Read 3094 times)

trecker1247

Low volume on some instruments
« on: April 20, 2019, 09:26:05 AM »
I have recently purchased a used Tyros 5. Fantastic machine. I have got to grips with most of the inner workings but am having difficulty sorting out a volume problem.

In particular the organ (DSP version) has low volume when i save it to my band settings. Using the normal volume facility does not make any difference. It only goes so high.
If i take it off DSP then it is a bit louder louder but i lose the Leslie effect that i saved into the setting.

I must be missing something somewhere as this happens with quite a few instruments - saxes etc. not loud enough to come over the top of the rest of the band. We all go through one mixing desk by the way so it isn't that side of it.

Is anyone able to throw some light on this issue please. Is there a global setting somewhere that i haven't yet found that will sort this out.

I need the leslie effect organ sound quite a lot with the band i play with so this is an important issue for me.

Offline Stijn

Re: Low volume on some instruments
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 09:34:25 AM »
If some of the Voices seem too silent then check the Modulation Wheel, it should be turned down.

I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 12:53:40 PM »
Try changing to a different Rotary setting. Some are louder than others.

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 10:20:23 PM »
Hi --

Another suggestion -- Check the Rotary Speaker effect parameters. Many of the effect algorithms have an Output Level setting. Crank it up to 11!  :D

All the best -- pj

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 10:23:53 PM »
Have the same problem of my T5, so thanks for good advice!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page