Author Topic: Keyboard America  (Read 8718 times)

Offline guitpic1

Keyboard America
« on: April 18, 2019, 06:10:27 AM »
Mike Mixon has put out several good Genos tutorials on his website; KeyboardAmerica.com.  These are also on YouTube; Keyboard America.

My apologies if this has been posted before.
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline motekmusic

Re: Keyboard America
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 09:11:09 AM »
Totally agree

His videos are so useful in learning the Genos functions and features.

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

The following users thanked this post: Georgeandmarj

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 01:03:12 PM »

khudson7

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 01:55:23 PM »
Yes, I too, have found Mike Mixon's video tutorials to be very informative, especially for a beginner(like me).  I also bought one of his book bundles(#3) and get his registrations(for the songs in that bundle) emailed to me when he does a video.  From there I take some of his ideas and expand on then, to fit my preferences. 

For instance, he likes to put each song in one registration bank with 10 songs in all, in one bank.  I prefer to put each song in it's own bank, using the registration buttons for the voices rather than the OTS buttons for voices like he does.  For me, it gives more possibilities but this is just my preference(and not meant as a criticism of his way, just different ways of doing things)

But Mike really does use so many of the features in his tutorials of the Genos, I have learned a lot from them.  And as mentioned, after he does a video, he will email you with the reg and the pdf file with all his fingering and settings for that song, he used(if you have bought a book bundle from him).

(Originally I looked into buying the Genos from him because he has some interesting packages put together, but, since I do not live in the U.S., the customs would have made it too expensive.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 05:55:03 PM by khudson7 »

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 10:32:11 PM »
I prefer to put each song in it's own bank, using the registration buttons for the voices rather than the OTS buttons for voices like he does.  For me, it gives more possibilities but this is just my preference(and not meant as a criticism of his way, just different ways of doing things)

But Mike really does use so many of the features in his tutorials of the Genos,

Plus 1
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 02:31:59 AM »
Mike came through for me when I was trying to purchase my Genos.
Had it on order with another music store chain and they kept telling me it was back ordered and couldn't give me a delivery date.
Called Mike and within two weeks i had my brand new Genos.. Thx Mike.