Author Topic: Playing voices R1,R2,R3  (Read 3386 times)

Offline guitpic1

Playing voices R1,R2,R3
« on: April 18, 2019, 06:03:53 AM »
Sorry if this has been asked before...

I know it's possible to play voices R1 and R2 at the same time.  Is it possible to play all three voices R1,R2, and R3 at the same time?  If so, how?

Tx
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline overover

Re: Playing voices R1,R2,R3
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 07:14:20 AM »
Hi guitpic1,

please make sure that the R3 Split Point is set one semitone higher than the Style and Left Split Points. Then R1, R2 and R3 can be played together. (They must be all switched ON by the PART ON/OFF switches, of course.)

Example (standard Split Point setting):

Split Point Style = F2
Split Point Left = F2
Split Point R3 = F#3

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 01:00:50 PM »
Also TX - you can play with the Pan and Volume parameters for each part, as well. For example, I sometimes use the Piano (R1) and Strings (R2 and R3), and pan the R2 and R3 voices left and right. It creates an interesting effect.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:02:18 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 01:20:43 PM »
All three voices can be played together when normal split is set, but remember some style OTS settings can alter this so if you find you can not play all three together always check split point.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 02:57:33 PM »
I think this nice lady in the pink sweater is actually a design engineer with Yamaha! Thanks for all the great help, Eileen :)!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 03:13:57 PM »
I think this nice lady in the pink sweater is actually a design engineer with Yamaha!

Don't be fooled by appearances. She's a ruthless killer :)

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 04:08:29 PM »
All three voices can be played together when normal split is set, but remember some style OTS settings can alter this so if you find you can not play all three together always check split point.

Split Points are not memorised in OTS settings or in the data section of styles.  Styles (or OTS) cannot change any split point!

However as suggested, if you find that you can't play all three Right main voice parts together, even though all are switched on, then you should check the current split points since they may have been changed by a registration (which can memorise all split points), especially a third party one!  On Genos and Tyros models the Right3 split point is memorised if the Voice group is checked when the registration was made.  Style and Left split points are included in the Style group. So the majority of registrations will include split points!

The simplest way to prevent registrations from changing split points but still allow them to change voice or style parameters is to use Parameter Lock.

Regards

Ian

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 10:27:01 PM »
 Thank you all very much.  :)
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.