Author Topic: Bought registrations  (Read 11116 times)

Offline trebor1950

Bought registrations
« on: April 16, 2019, 09:53:23 AM »
Hi All - has anyone bought registrations from this site - and if so were you happy with them.

thanks - Rob

https://www.strawberrymusicltd.com/index.php/32

Offline frozzers

Re: Bought registrations
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 02:58:43 PM »
Hi Rob

I've bought the 'Instrumental Blockbusters' (and the accompanying book) and 'Wow That's What I Call Fake! 2'.

I'm very happy with them particularly the second one which has got a lot of registrations for swing and jazz songs which are what I mostly play.

Cheers

Chris

The following users thanked this post: Richard001, trebor1950

Keynote31

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 03:03:34 PM »
I've used them for several years(and keyboards) and have always found them to be great to deal with.

The following users thanked this post: trebor1950

Online EileenL

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 03:04:44 PM »
Have a listen to them.
Neil Blake is a very nice man and always very helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEcx_HtA2iU

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 05:21:37 PM »
I would be interested to know why anyone would buy registrations . . .

I can see buying styles but registrations ?  I guess I am missing something.

I have been intrigued for some time . . .

can someone explain what is the difference between buying registrations and buying styles.   By registrations i understand it is something that you can easily create in your keyboard . . . so why buy it ?

I am very curious.

thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Roland

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 05:31:22 PM »
Hello Al,

Commercial registrations are usually tuned exactly towards a particular song or a genre. It's not just picking a style and a voice - there is much more work behind that, like setting-up the correct sound, activating features, splits, pedal settings and more. The guys programming registrations often spend quite some time researching the original song too - so it's not a task that is done in a couple of hours :-)

So people buy them because it saves them time and effort. They prefer to spend their time on playing instead of programming. And for some folks, registrations can be a great way to get inspired for a new song or an oldie they wanted to play for ages.

Hope that helps. Cheers, Roland

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 05:33:00 PM »
I would be interested to know why anyone would buy registrations . . .

I can see buying styles but registrations ?  I guess I am missing something.

I have been intrigued for some time . . .

can someone explain what is the difference between buying registrations and buying styles.   By registrations i understand it is something that you can easily create in your keyboard . . . so why buy it ?

I am very curious.

Because registrations can store more than a style can. There are 8-10 registrations, and only 4 style variations. And registrations can store more information, like vocal harmony.

I would much rather buy a registration than a style. However, the downside of registrations is: there aren't very many available, they are specific to a keyboard, and they can change things on your keyboard you don't want them to (although this can usually be solved with Parameter Lock)

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 06:37:37 PM »
Roland and Fred

thanks a lot for the explanation . . . it makes sense now . . .

I appreciate it.

Have a great day.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline StuartR

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 11:46:00 PM »
I've used them for several years(and keyboards) and have always found them to be great to deal with.

I too have purchased many of their registrations and associated playbooks. They are top quality and will bring you and your Yamaha arranger to the forefront.

Phil100956

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 01:33:23 PM »
I have purchased many from them and they are excellent and nothing to much trouble for Neil

Offline trebor1950

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 11:34:00 AM »
Well I've taken the plunge - will feed back to you all when the pack arrives.
Thanks for your input.....
Rob

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 10:57:32 PM »
I just purchased the 60s registrations and although they are very good not everyone can be used for my gigs. The real bonus from my point of view is I’ve learned a couple of new things based on Neil’s registrations.  I’m very satisfied with my purchase. 8)
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline trebor1950

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 05:39:56 AM »
OK its arrived (Instrumental Blockbusters & Music Book))…….On first try out I'm happy. Could be said its a bit expensive but an obvious amount of work has gone into the making, so fare dues. So far I only have one small gripe and that's the omission of the reg bank changes not shown in the music book, but saying that there is a separate guide given within the pack.

As I said I am not disappointed and will probably purchase others.  It has brought me and my Genos alive (the easy way) and makes me sound a better player than I really am.

Rob

Offline porterma

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 06:05:00 PM »
Hello,
I am interested in purchasing one of Neil's registration bundles (Sounds of the Sixties).
Can anyone from Canada or the USA share with me how they arranged to pay for the purchase - did you use Paypal or send a money order ???
I am from Canada and I am trying to find out how best to do this.
Thanks, 

Mark

Offline StuartR

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 04:45:05 AM »
Hello,
I am interested in purchasing one of Neil's registration bundles (Sounds of the Sixties).
Can anyone from Canada or the USA share with me how they arranged to pay for the purchase - did you use Paypal or send a money order ???
I am from Canada and I am trying to find out how best to do this.
Thanks, 

Mark

I used PayPal... worked just fine.

The following users thanked this post: porterma

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 04:20:40 PM »
I used PayPal... worked just fine.

Plus 1
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Antonio

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2019, 05:58:42 PM »
A few days ago I bought Easy Keyboard Bumper Book, in the Sheet Music and Registration version.

Very frankly, I must tell you my disappointment. In most of the cases I notice a certain incompetence, that is to say just to fill the buttons.

The choice of styles and intrumenten used are very questionable. Perhaps you are very young, but the sounds and music are not suitable or irrelevant.

Very very poor

I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:30:33 AM by Antonio »

Bassfedman

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 02:56:31 PM »
Would like to consider a similar purchase.... But......
Is there a wholesale way of changing multi-finger Genos registrations to single finger?
It takes a lot of time to manually change songs with 10 multi-finger registrations to single finger.
10 registrations per song times 100 songs? There's got to be an easier way for us old broken down accordion players that have only two left fingers.....

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 04:14:17 PM »
You can use Murray Best's 'Registration Manager' program (for PC) in 'batch mode' to do this -  https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

However there is an easier alternative which will work with any registrations without needing to modify them!

On your keyboard you can 'lock' the current fingering type by checking 'Fingering Type' in 'Parameter Lock'.

On Genos - Press 'Menu' > touch 'Menu2' > 'Utility' > 'Parameter Lock'

Place a Checkmark against 'Fingering Type' and exit.

Now, whatever type they contain, registrations will not change the currently set fingering type, although you can still change it manually.  The 'lock' will remain set until you change it or carry out a system reset.

Regards

Ian

Online EileenL

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 10:00:03 PM »
Multi finger will play single fingered chords or fingered chords that is why third party registrations are usually set this way.