Author Topic: How to interconnect Tyros4, controller keyboard and sound module  (Read 4223 times)

Offline bolepa

Hi everyone, I probably made a mistake posting this questions in another topic which was opened one and a half years ago - I did not received no replies. Now I decided to open new topic with the hope to have an advice from you.
I was trying to find the answer using google and yahoo but ... with not success.
I have Tyros 4 and am planning to get a Roland Integra 7 sound module and some sort of midi controller keyboard (if she who has to be obeyed permit) to control that module.
Basically, I want a sound module as an additional device to have more interesting sounds while playing Tyros. Can you advice me how to interconnect both boards and what kind of setup/configuration has to be done?
Thank you!

SeaGtGruff

Re: How to interconnect Tyros4, controller keyboard and sound module
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 06:11:42 PM »
Would you be using the Tyros to play the sound module, or just using the keyboard controller for that?

Would you be using the controller to play the Tyros, or just the module?

Would you be playing the module’s audio through the Tyros?

Offline bolepa

Re: How to interconnect Tyros4, controller keyboard and sound module
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 07:55:07 PM »
Hi Michael,
Thank you for your reply. First, and probably easiest scenario is using the keyboard controller to play sound module and Tyros is by itself. Both board should play in the same key.
Playing module through Tyros...  Hmm... Will it give me more voice choices? I am not sure what are pro's and con's from both scenarios.... Can you briefly educate me on this? I would really appreciate that. Thank you.