Author Topic: PLAYLIST  (Read 2696 times)

smeden12

PLAYLIST
« on: April 10, 2019, 04:30:21 PM »
i HAVE JUST BOUGHT TYROS 5 - WHAT IS PLAYLIST, AND HOW CAN i USE IT?
 :-\

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: PLAYLIST
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 05:08:37 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You may have seen posts about Playlist on Genos which is essentially a list of links to registrations.

However, although there is a Playlist function on Tyros5, it is something quite different and somewhat less useful!

You would need to ask Yamaha why confusingly, they decided to use the same term for different functions on different keyboards!  ::)

On Tyros5 the Playlist function is a just list of audio songs that can be played back as in a jukebox for example.

Here is what page 88 of the 'Tyros5 Reference Manual' says about it...

The Playlist is a convenient feature within the Audio Recorder/Player that lets you collect and organize audio files for
automatic playback in “jukebox” fashion. The Playlist mode can be active in the background (for example, when the Main
display is selected), letting you play the listed files whenever you wish during your performance.
The “REPEAT” icon (see page 89) at the upper left of the display shows that the Audio Recorder/Player is set to the Playlist
mode (automatic playback of multiple files).

The manual goes on to explain how to use the function, and if you haven't already done so, I suggest that you download the Reference Manual from a Yamaha Downloads web site.  Note that the Reference manual is not the same as the Owner's Manual which you may have received with the keyboard. 

Here is a link to the page containing the manuals on the UK site...

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=keyboards&k=tyros5

Regards

Ian