Author Topic: No Genos update ?  (Read 12563 times)

beykock

No Genos update ?
« on: April 03, 2019, 09:14:35 AM »
Hi Genos Friends,

It looks like Yamaha are not announcing a new Genos update during the German Musikmesse.😯

Hope for all Genos owners the update will come sooner or later.
Cross my fingers ...🙏

Babette

Ikspeel

Re: No Genos update ?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 09:53:22 AM »
Thats it genos 1 is ready for yamaha
They are working hard on the genos 2
My last hope for a update was musikmesse  :'(

beykock

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 01:31:23 PM »
Hi Ikspeel,

I believe Yamaha will bring out a Genos(1) update before launching a Genos2.

Keep smiling !😁

Babette
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 01:35:18 PM by beykock »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 03:43:57 PM »
Updates don't usually come on any specific dates. They come when they are completed and tested.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 04:37:12 PM »
Updates may not be necessary at this time.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Bachus

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 05:47:49 PM »
Hi Genos Friends,

It looks like Yamaha are not announcing a new Genos update during the German Musikmesse.😯

Cross my fingers ...🙏

Babette

There is almost no press coveragefrom the 2019 Musikmesse....
Most keyboard specific press seems to have skipped the musikmesse....
Probably wayting for Superbooth next month in Berlin

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 05:49:47 PM »
There is almost no press coveragefrom the 2019 Musikmesse....
Most keyboard specific press seems to have skipped the musikmesse....
Probably wayting for Superbooth next month in Berlin

True that, Bachus! Musikmesse seems like a snoozer this year.

-- pj

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 08:11:23 PM »
Musikmesse seems like a snoozer this year.

I think from now on Musikmesse will be a snoozer EVERY year  ;D
There were rumors about a "small" update at the Musikmesse and a BIG update... well "not before" autumn.
I followed Yamaha's arranger business policy for two decades, and pardon me folks:

I JUST DON'T BELIEVE, and never have.
We won't see any significant improvements to the first incarnation of Genos. Anyone to accept a bet?  ;D

Regards, Michael

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 08:30:17 PM »

I JUST DON'T BELIEVE, and never have.
We won't see any significant improvements to the first incarnation of Genos. Anyone to accept a bet?  ;D

Yes, I'll take the bet.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Bachus

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 08:48:34 PM »
True that, Bachus! Musikmesse seems like a snoozer this year.

-- pj

The reason behind that is probably superbooth, next month in Berlin where the real synth and keynews is expected...

Altough superbooth is not a place for arranger keys

Offline ikmusic

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 08:57:32 PM »
Updates don't usually come on any specific dates. They come when they are completed and tested.

Exactly!
Obecnie PSR-SX900 + Roland Ra95. Wcześniej były:
Yamaha: Tyros 5/4/3/2 S970 S770 S750 S710 S670 PSR1500 E413 W7v2 V50
Roland: BK9 BK7m BK5 G800 E35 E70 E50 U20 Ra90 JV50 Mc500
Korg: Pa4x Pa1000 01Wfd
Ketron: SD5

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 08:58:28 PM »

Yes, I'll take the bet.

Cheers,
Fred

I would be surprised if any one risked to bet with Fred.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 09:06:28 PM »
Yes, I'll take the bet.

I'd be stupidly happy to be WRONGO here...  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWUKjbpR3_4
Regards, Michael

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 02:12:37 PM »
Hi Genos Friends,

Cross my fingers ...🙏

Babette

I feel sad for all no-Genos owners. At least we can enjoy this wonderful machine while others just complain about what is missing.

And I am the first to ask for a software upgrade. But not thinking current one is trash, but that the hardware could be better exploited.

Jose
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

Plus lots other music toys :-)

Bachus

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 02:50:08 PM »
I feel sad for all no-Genos owners. At least we can enjoy this wonderful machine while others just complain about what is missing.

And I am the first to ask for a software upgrade. But not thinking current one is trash, but that the hardware could be better exploited.

Jose

I agree with you, enjoying my Genos and Modx every day, yamaha makes geeat products. 

But an update with new content andcfeatures from time to time would make the whole experience even more pleasant.

beykock

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 03:28:14 PM »
To my knowledge Yamaha have NEVER added new features when they are bringing out an update, Bachus.

IMHO you have to wait for the Genos successor, as usual.
They call it " an upgrade ".

Cheers, Babette

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 04:18:04 PM »
To my knowledge Yamaha have NEVER added new features when they are bringing out an update, Bachus.

Cheers, Babette

So keep waiting because, guess what?. The Genos 2 won't be the last Yamaha arranger!. And the next one will have some improvements. And then the next one...

Your reasoning is like if when the first Tyros was presented, nobody should have bought it because then it would came a Tyros 2. But then a Tyros 3 arrived. And, alas!, a Tyros 4. And, to add even more blame to Yamaha, even a Tyros 5!. And all offered some incremental improvements over the previous ones. And some glitches, let's call it that way, as some things some people thought that were better implemented on the former model.

This has happened and will continue happening. I don't see why all the negative fuss with the Genos.

I currently own 16 keyboards, four of them arrangers (DGX660, PSR-EW410, CTX-5000 and Genos). And everyone is enjoyable!. You can argue also the PSR-E463 is not lots better than the PSR-E453. Or the DGX660 is just an slight improvement over the DGX650. Does that make them worse per-se?. No, IMHO.

Well, I don't want to start a war here, just state my opinion which, of course, is mine and I can be completely wrong. But happy with it  ;)

Jose
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 07:35:20 PM by EB5AGV »
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

beykock

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 05:21:20 PM »
Hi Jose,

You are absolutely right.

Genos2, 3, 4 etc. will come with new features, as usual.

Every time a new model will be launched we can expect modications, improvements and/or additional features.

That is the way how Yamaha have always operated and like you, I believe Yamaha will continue their traditional " upgrades ".

Babette

beykock

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 05:31:47 PM »
Hi Francesco,

Thank you for your interesting information.
Sorry, I did not know.😯
 Very good news for all Genos owners !

It also means a new Genos successor will not be launched  like ever before, right ?

In that case I will take back the words of my previous 2 messages.
Plse forget them !

Thank you, Babette
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 05:34:44 PM by beykock »

Bachus

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 08:52:10 PM »

Cheers, Babette

Babette, Yamaha has done some great feature updates to yamaha montage over the last few years, or is Yamaha Montage made by another Yamaha company?   And they are prommising feature and comtent updates with the CP piano’s every 6 months after release...  maybe thats also another company?

To be honest, the only reason i can think of why Yamaha hasn’t yet added any upgrades to the arranger keyboard range, is all the people overhere claiming it will not happen, it does not need it, or they never did it and never will..

Anyway, some nice updates could help Yamaha sell a 2nd batch of Genos.

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 10:09:06 PM »
Folks, I've read so many nauseating posts about a possible update. There's only one issue here - if there is an update coming, why is Yamaha NOT communicating this to us?? It's not as though they would be tipping their "poker hand" to the competition. For corn sake, just tell us! We can wait. By forking out thousands of dollars, we have earned the right to know. I hate companies that refuse to talk to the people who pay their mortgages, rent, and salaries!!!!!!!!!!!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2019, 04:07:13 AM »
Folks, I've read so many nauseating posts about a possible update. There's only one issue here - if there is an update coming, why is Yamaha NOT communicating this to us?? It's not as though they would be tipping their "poker hand" to the competition. For corn sake, just tell us! We can wait. By forking out thousands of dollars, we have earned the right to know. I hate companies that refuse to talk to the people who pay their mortgages, rent, and salaries!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never read any comments by Yamaha on this forum outside of a few scattered remarks by marketing folks far removed from the arranger product managment team itself. Yes, we're often reassured that they're paying attention and reading our posts. Absent any direct remarks from them,  I don't believe any of it.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2019, 06:16:15 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never read any comments by Yamaha on this forum outside of a few scattered remarks by marketing folks far removed from the arranger product managment team itself. Yes, we're often reassured that they're paying attention and reading our posts. Absent any direct remarks from them,  I don't believe any of it.

I don’t blame Yamaha for not being involved in the forum. I’ve been on other boards where the company participated, but the abuse directed at them just drove them away.

The reason they’re not here is our own fault.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Bill

Online Oldden

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2019, 09:55:02 AM »
Slightly going off at a tangent. You buy an apple iPad or an android tablet. If you want extra bits you can buy them from the shop. Now suppose Yamaha had the same idea, not just extra styles or voices but addons which do something. The extras would have to be bought from Yamaha. Just a thought.
Oldden

Bachus

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2019, 04:32:09 PM »
I don’t blame Yamaha for not being involved in the forum. I’ve been on other boards where the company participated, but the abuse directed at them just drove them away.

The reason they’re not here is our own fault.

Cheers,
Fred

I agree and disagree...

They should be here, but undercover, why?
Well, because there is a lot of user input here that could help improve their products, and its for free..

As long as they are undercover they could even put up some balloons..  or explain things..

If there was an official Yamaha account visiting here, that could also work well, as long as they stick to answering questions. That is how Phill Glendenon (hope i wright that right) and Blake Angelos handdle the official US based Yamaha synth forum..
What they shouldn’t do is get mixed into duscussions on a forum. And thas obvious where you are hinting at..

By the way, i am pretty sure Yamaha developers are keeping an eye on these boards, as not doing so would make no sense..

Ikspeel

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2019, 05:24:18 PM »
Yamahahahahahahaha if you are Reading
Give us a small hint
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
I love updates makes my genos better makes me happy :) :)

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2019, 06:18:47 PM »
If there was an official Yamaha account visiting here, that could also work well, as long as they stick to answering questions. That is how Phill Glendenon (hope i wright that right) and Blake Angelos handdle the official US based Yamaha synth forum..
What they shouldn’t do is get mixed into duscussions on a forum. And thas obvious where you are hinting at..
I had forgotten about Phil Clendeninn (a.k.a Bad Mister). He was on the Motif forums all the time and answered all kinds of posts. Strange how Yamaha charges less for one keyboard but has their national tech guru there all the time, but we pay about 15 percent more for the Genos and have no Yamaha presence at all. By now, I'm sure they know that there are multiple queries about an update. Why are we getting the silent treatment?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2019, 08:48:57 PM »
Hello,
Even I don't own Genos, I follow this section for seeing owner experiences and to learn something about Genos (pure curiosity). My impression is, no other section (PSR, Piano,..) wishes update that "desperatly". Sometimes I can read, Genos has this or that bug(s).. which many times reveals as not a bug really (owner wrongly interpreted owner's manual or similar).
My point is, by now, after all this time Genos being on market, how come there's no "sticked" thread, where confirmed bugs would be collected? Assuming someone at Yamaha monitors this forum, how can (s)he keep the track?
The thing is, bugs (when something doesn't work as "advertised") should be corrected by manufacturer. In case of missing features.. well, owners can complain "too bad, that can't be done.." but reality is, there are very rare cases new features would be added later -unless manufacturer senses that would make profit in future.
As I said, I'm just curious about all this.. because I can hardly imagine Genos has so many bugs .. still, many owners seems to be kinda disappointed because there's no update.
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Bachus

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2019, 09:22:24 PM »
Hello,
Even I don't own Genos, I follow this section for seeing owner experiences and to learn something about Genos (pure curiosity). My impression is, no other section (PSR, Piano,..) wishes update that "desperatly". Sometimes I can read, Genos has this or that bug(s).. which many times reveals as not a bug really (owner wrongly interpreted owner's manual or similar).
My point is, by now, after all this time Genos being on market, how come there's no "sticked" thread, where confirmed bugs would be collected? Assuming someone at Yamaha monitors this forum, how can (s)he keep the track?
The thing is, bugs (when something doesn't work as "advertised") should be corrected by manufacturer. In case of missing features.. well, owners can complain "too bad, that can't be done.." but reality is, there are very rare cases new features would be added later -unless manufacturer senses that would make profit in future.
As I said, I'm just curious about all this.. because I can hardly imagine Genos has so many bugs .. still, many owners seems to be kinda disappointed because there's no update.

Keep in mind that the internet in general tends to blow up the negatives, and forge the positives..

So in my 3 months with Genos there where a few small problems, but nothing really out of the ordinarry..

To me Genos is the best arranger ever created..

But the workstation part (its promoted as a workstation) falls short by other workstation (including the korg pa4x)..  and thats where many people have some hopes for updates..

On the other hand, if you accept the Genos for what it is, you will have a near perfect experience..

Roland

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2019, 11:53:25 PM »
Good news:

A Genos 1.4 Update will be released this June !!!

The update will include user interface enhancements and finally the capability to show the display content on an external monitor (officially and now fully supported). There will be new options for Live Control and more flexible use of assignable functions.

And in the message I had read - there is a hint suggesting that this will not be the end of it.

So good things to come !!!

Oh, and I don't think this is official yet - but I got a link to Yamaha's Genos Version 1.4 teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEkJO1dq5xU
Cheers, Roland

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2019, 01:20:13 AM »
Just from 1.3 to 1.4 but this time Yamaha has a trailer to introduce.
Is it a big update or just fix small bugs?
I am very excited.
Anyway, start the day with a good news, and at least we know it will happen in 2 months
Cheer!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 04:05:07 AM by Snicker740 »
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2019, 01:49:03 AM »
Great news! I can wait until June :). Thanks for the heads up, Roland!

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2019, 01:53:41 AM »
Maybe 1st April isn't the best day to release the 1.4 update vid 🤣

beykock

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2019, 06:04:58 AM »

Thank you so much, Roland, for this very good News !👍
It will make many Genos owners very happy.😁

Babette

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2019, 11:07:35 AM »
.....I don’t blame Yamaha for not being involved in the forum......The reason they’re not here is our own fault.

Cheers,
Fred

OFF TOPIC,
cannot find the thread.

Thanks Fred,
I recently wrote anyone who  dares bet with you about anything concerning GENOS updates is ill advised.  IT FEELS OH SO GOOD TO HAVE BEEN RIGHT.  And off course that those, myself included, who felt YAMAHA did not feel it was worthwhile to work on an update for Genos were WRONG.  It was also gratifying to be able to immediately call an old friend  friend  who was contemplating to switch to a used  Tyros 5,  "Take the Genos". 

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline Bill

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2019, 01:13:40 PM »
Yes, I'll take the bet.

Cheers,
Fred

Hi Fred

It looks like you may have won the Bet with the latest announcement for Upgrade 1.4

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline zionip

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2019, 07:37:18 PM »
Now, please, all the skeptics, write 100 times:

Genos I is not over for Yamaha

Just joking  ;) !!!

Jose
Jose Gavila