Author Topic: How to delete a forum posting?  (Read 6733 times)

Offline Gill

How to delete a forum posting?
« on: March 29, 2019, 03:25:29 PM »
I can't seem to delete a forum posting I made.  I no longer have the instrument I posted on, so was going to just delete the post.  Seems odd I can't delete my own posting.

SeaGtGruff

Re: How to delete a forum posting?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 05:34:28 PM »
On most other forums I frequent, people just edit their own post and replace all the text with a single period, or perhaps with the phrase “(deleted by OP),” or something like that.

You can also ask a moderator to delete the post— as long as it isn’t the first post in a thread.

However, other members might still benefit from your post, even though you no longer have the same instrument, so you might reconsider whether you want to delete the post.

Offline jwyvern

Re: How to delete a forum posting?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 06:50:01 PM »
I can't seem to delete a forum posting I made.  I no longer have the instrument I posted on, so was going to just delete the post.  Seems odd I can't delete my own posting.

When I look back on threads, other peoples' posts have the headings-- "Say thanks" and "Quote".
If one of my posts happens to be there it allows me to delete it because my posts automatically show (just to me) an additional heading - "Remove" which can be clicked on as needed.
John   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 06:51:18 PM by jwyvern »