Author Topic: Original speaker won't produce sound  (Read 4420 times)

Offline bolepa

Original speaker won't produce sound
« on: March 17, 2019, 09:02:59 PM »
Hi everyone,
I have a situation with my Tyros and need some help from you:
For last 4-5 years I used external speakers/sub-woofer with my Tyros 4. Recently my brother asked me to play
at his Birthday party and I decided to switch to Tyros original speakers/sub-woofer so I don't have to carry large speakers,
stands and and heaver sub woofer to the party and back.
I disconnected external speaker from Tyros and connected original speakers to the appropriate terminals. Tried it- no sound coming out from my Tyros.
Checked everything - all looks normal. Check the manual- everything looks good. Can you tell me what am I missing?
Thank you in advance.

Offline overover

Re: Original speaker won't produce sound
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 09:24:13 PM »
Hi bolepa,

please check if a headphone adapter plug was "forgotten" in the headphone jack. This would switch off the output signal at the 8-pin jack (to subwoofer).

You can also go to "[Function] - Utility - Config2 - 1 Speaker" and switch from "Headphone Switch" to "On" there. Then the Tyros speaker system will work even if a headphone plug is connected.

If such a plug is NOT the reason for you problem, maybe the Tyros speaker system itself or a cable are defective.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline bolepa

Re: Original speaker won't produce sound
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 10:16:15 PM »
overover, Thank you very much for your reply and help.
I just figured this out: This was STUPID OF ME!!! What I did is: I connected the speaker only and did not connect a sub-woofer!! Mistake....
After I plugged the sub-woofer in to Tyros and it to electrical outlet - it magically worked ! Thank you very much!