Author Topic: New Board for MIDI?  (Read 3277 times)

Murat

New Board for MIDI?
« on: March 17, 2019, 02:19:09 PM »
Hi all, should there be a complete new Board on this forum for MIDI related questions?

Offline dtah80

Re: New Board for MIDI?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 02:35:59 PM »
YES, I think we should !
David
Genos, PSR-740, MOXF6

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 03:06:01 PM »
I don’t know. There’s already a subforum for MIDI, and it doesn’t seem to have enough activity to justify being split off to a higher hierarchy within the structure of the forums:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/board,25.0.html

Offline dtah80

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 03:38:10 PM »
Ah, that’s awesome!
Thanks Sir.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 03:40:02 PM by dtah80 »
David
Genos, PSR-740, MOXF6

Murat

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 07:21:04 PM »
So, why doesn't the admin move the MIDI related questions etc to that Board? Or create a new Board for MIDI?
Earlier this week, I saw someone ask something about Tango Styles, and it was moved, but I can't seem to find it under the Styles Board?

Offline zionip

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 07:39:36 PM »
Hi Murat,

I found the moved "Tango Styles For Genos" topic under:

PSR Tutorial Forum » Understanding PSR/Tyros Features (12 Boards) » Styles/OTS (Moderator: mikf)
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,49132.msg384960.html#msg384960

Thanks,
Paul

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 10:22:38 PM »
I think perhaps that some members may deliberately post something in the “wrong” subforum due to a belief that one subforum is more likely than another to be read by most visitors. I say that because (if I remember correctly) one member became upset when a moderator moved his non-Genos-related post from a Genos subforum to a more appropriate subforum; he even (if I remember correctly) went so far as to accuse the moderator of trying to keep people from seeing his post by moving it to where fewer people would be likely to see it!

So moving a post is not without its “perils.” But I agree that it’s better if posts are organized into the subforum where they best fit according to their subjects, because it makes it easier for people to find relevant posts when they’re browsing for specific information. But it takes a lot of time to read through the posts (both old and new) in each subforum and then move threads from one subforum to another as appropriate. This is made even more difficult when a particular post contains material that could easily fit under two or more different subforums, or when the posts in a particular thread take a turn and start discussing something other than what the thread was originally about.

If you’re ever browsing through the subforums and come across a thread that you think needs to be moved to a different subforum, you can always report the thread to the moderators with a comment to that effect— e.g., “Shouldn’t this post be in the Funny Cat Videos subforum instead of the Stupid Dog Tricks subforum?” or something like that. That doesn’t necessarily mean that the moderators will agree with you and move the post, but it will certainly call it to their attention. And I’m not trying to open Pandora’s Box and cause a sudden flood of reports about posts that “need” to be moved. But it’s something for you to consider should you ever see a post that you think is in the “wrong” subforum.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:23:53 PM by SeaGtGruff »

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 11:19:50 PM »
Well said, Michael.  Thank you for your well thought out post.  :)

I saw this post earlier and was going to respond later with a very similar post as yours; however, time constraints have been an issue for me today.  :(

The mixing of topics becomes subjective, when trying to decide if the topic should be moved to another board or leave it where it's presently posted.  In addition, as moderators, we don't always have time to read every topic, which is something you eluded to in your post.

In lieu of reporting a topic that a member feels should be moved to another board, they can also email me or any of the moderators with their request.  I frequently receive such requests via email; however, I don't always move the topic.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page