Author Topic: Large Database of songs on Genos  (Read 2828 times)

Paulpno

Large Database of songs on Genos
« on: March 16, 2019, 03:16:03 PM »
I would like to use Genos live on stage with a singer where the audience can request any song. I'd like to have a large database of songs to quickly search that have lyrics and chords. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Karaoke midi files? Karaoke CDG? I'm thinking if the chords and lyrics were displayed together on the screen I would be able to use an external monitor for the singer. Can the Genos do this or should I use a computer/iPad instead? Thanks.

Offline Al Ram

Re: Large Database of songs on Genos
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 04:47:18 PM »
I would think that if you are going to do that, you want not only to store a large number of PDF's with chords and lyrics . . . you also want the ability to search and locate the desired song very quickly.     

In my opinion, the search and retrieve would go much faster using an iPad with an app such as Songbook+.  Once the desired PDF is located, the app can also instantly and automatically bring up the corresponding registrations in Genos.  You control your gig from the iPad.

The down time between songs is minimal.   I have this type of setup.

Songbook+ also allows you to synch a second iPad for your singer  . . .. where you will both be seeing the same PDF.     (I have not done this part, but the SongBook+ user manual indicates that it can be done).

You might want to take a look at this idea.

Have a great day.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:03:49 AM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline dinapoli

Re: Large Database of songs on Genos
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 12:53:30 AM »
I use a flip laptop, I write all the lyrics with the chords. I write each song individually.  I make registrations and name them with the song title.
I also have many midi files with the lyrics.
On the same laptop I have many songs in waves and karaoke format.  Once you do the work it's good forever it works for me.

I just made this check it out, see the flip laptop.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZh60Qx0YI