Author Topic: How much room in a Gator Case Key76D?  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Depo1964

How much room in a Gator Case Key76D?
« on: March 14, 2019, 04:35:25 PM »
Anyone use this case with their Genos?
Is there room for anything else (say underneath the keyboard) e.g.  like foot pedals, DI Boxes, cables. etc?
I'm not taking the Satellite speakers with me.

Just had knee replacement surgery and I want to keep packing.... and unpacking to a minimum.
Thx in advance.

Online EileenL

Re: How much room in a Gator Case Key76D?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 06:14:21 PM »
Most keyboard bags have large pockets on them for these type of things.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 09:13:25 PM »
I have the Gator case. There are no end pockets. There are two pockets on one side. The inner one is sealed, I assume for sheet music and binders. The other one on top is a fabric mesh. I assume you can put things in it that are not exposure sensitive? For example, cables.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 09:26:18 PM »
I have the Gator case. There are no end pockets. There are two pockets on one side. The inner one is sealed, I assume for sheet music and binders. The other one on top is a fabric mesh. I assume you can put things in it that are not exposure sensitive? For example, cables.
Hi Lee,
So if I'm understanding you correctly, there is no room to put a layer of items (as I mentioned .... e.g  foot pedals, DI boxes, cables, etc. on the bottom of the case and then place a layer of foam on top of those items.... then place the Genos keyboard on top of that?
Thx.

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 10:00:07 PM »
Not really. The Gator case has two large, interior Velcro straps about three inches wide that keep the keyboard from flopping about on the inside while the case it sitting on its back side (not backside LOL!). I use the case strictly for the Genos. I suppose there is enough space for something underneath the Genos, but I never place hard objects under a $6,000 keyboard, when a separate road box is better. If required, I can post a few pics. Let me know.

As a side note, when the Genos first came out, there was a huge scramble for cases that fit, beyond the unbelievably over-priced Yamaha case. I bought the Gator case, and then opened their website to see if my case was listed as a possible fit for the Genos. There were a lot of other keyboards listed for my case but not Genos. I took the time to send Gator a note saying they could add the Genos to the list of cases for my particular model because that case worked perfectly. I never heard back from them, even after two emails. I honestly believe most websites should remove their Contact Us buttons. They usually don't work because nobody gives a hoot about responding.

Let me know about the pics...

- Lee
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:07:07 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.