Author Topic: tempo problems with midi recording  (Read 4012 times)

Offline gskip

tempo problems with midi recording
« on: March 14, 2019, 03:53:41 PM »
Hi,
I'm usually able to figure out these things, but I've wasted a lot of time trying to solve this - it may be a simple solution that I just can't find! here's my problem:
I have a style I want to record as a midi. The registrations are all set to the same tempo and I there are no variations in tempo when I play it live.
I did a quick recording and everything seemed fine. Then I played it back and by the 2nd or 3rd chorus the tempo reduced itself from 75 to 60 ! I started with a blank song file on B with no set tempo until I recorded it.
I searched for any errors I might have made, but no luck. I can't find any place to alter the file itself, so I did a multi recording instead.
Same result. However, I was able to go into the multi song file and set the tempo to the correct speed (after recording). Even this didn't work until I used the Freeze button on the tempo. While this is a "work-around" I still can't figure out why the tempo changes when I play back a NEW recording (the older songs I recorded on my T5 work fine).
Maybe I need to reset my board if there is not a simpler solution?

Thanks,
Skip

Offline EileenL

Re: tempo problems with midi recording
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 05:03:16 PM »
You need to go into Sys Ex and delete the rouge tempo setting that you will find on the events list and then resave the song.