Author Topic: Software to get details of styles  (Read 8152 times)

Offline Luluc

Software to get details of styles
« on: March 14, 2019, 03:05:06 PM »
Hi all,

Is there any software which can display, for a given style, the quantity of Intros and the numbers of bars, the same for the variations and the ending  ?
It would help us to sort out all our many styles we have.

For example :

Style1.STY  : Intro1 (2 bars), Intro2 (4 bars), Intro3 (4 bars) - Main A (4bars), Main B (8 bars), Main C (8 bars) - Ending1 (2 bars), Ending2  (4 bars).
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline pethep

Re: Software to get details of styles
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 04:52:17 PM »
Greetings
Peter

Beginner, earlier PSR-S900 now Tyros 5

The following users thanked this post: rezaazadi1361

Offline Luluc

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 06:56:50 PM »
Pethep,
I know this program, it is indeed a very amazing program but it don't fill my request : it don't indicate the data I need. But the program may do it, if somebody know how to parameter it.

The final goal is to discard styles having 1-bar long variations (too repetitive motifs).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 07:48:33 PM by Luluc »
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Murat

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 02:15:51 PM »
On Korg pa3x, on the screen, it shows a 'count down' of bars while playing back an Intro, so you knew exactly when to start playing. I thought the Genos would have something similar, but it looks like it doesn't?
This was a question I have been wanting to ask on the forum. Is there a way to show a countdown (or something similar) to show how many bars each Intro is?

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 12:56:41 PM »
On Korg pa3x, on the screen, it shows a 'count down' of bars while playing back an Intro, so you knew exactly when to start playing. I thought the Genos would have something similar, but it looks like it doesn't?
This was a question I have been wanting to ask on the forum. Is there a way to show a countdown (or something similar) to show how many bars each Intro is?

No, it is not.
I send to Yamaha this demand, but I have not a response, never, for this problem.
I don't know why there is a measure counter and not a beat/measure counter, instead. Who need to know how many measures has been sang? It happens to sing only 297 measures and you stop the song because you don't need to sing more than 297 measures (it's an example)?! At least to me is not at all needed that total bar counter, it's useless...
But I personally think this could be an option in general settings of styles page, where you should be able to choose what that bar counter to show, total bars played or style's bars counter ;) MO!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 07:08:58 PM »
Our software (www.groovyband.live), among the many advanced features you do not find in Yamaha's stock firmware, also offers these functionalities:

1) For every section (intro/ending/main/fill/break) you have a current beat/measure counter along as a "total measures" indicator for the playing section, so you always know where you are and how far is the section's end/loop.

2) For Main sections you can trigger a fill that, after it has played, resets the looping section at its start point (Yamaha's usual behaviour), OR that will resume to play the current section till its natural end before looping from beginning. You have two distinct buttons, so you can always decide in realtime what you need.

3) Fill-ins (and breaks) can be synced to the next measure start (even if you press the button well in advance) and are also available as "half-bar" fills.

4) If you use an Intro as a "break" (= when the sequencer is already running and playing some other section) the possible count-in bars are automatically skipped so that it always plays smoothly and credible.

You can try all this with our free demo.

And, by the way, if you contact us we always answer.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 04:24:12 AM »
Our software (www.groovyband.live), among the many advanced features you do not find in Yamaha's stock firmware, also offers these functionalities:

1) For every section (intro/ending/main/fill/break) you have a current beat/measure counter along as a "total measures" indicator for the playing section, so you always know where you are and how far is the section's end/loop.

2) For Main sections you can trigger a fill that, after it has played, resets the looping section at its start point (Yamaha's usual behaviour), OR that will resume to play the current section till its natural end before looping from beginning. You have two distinct buttons, so you can always decide in realtime what you need.

3) Fill-ins (and breaks) can be synced to the next measure start (even if you press the button well in advance) and are also available as "half-bar" fills.

4) If you use an Intro as a "break" (= when the sequencer is already running and playing some other section) the possible count-in bars are automatically skipped so that it always plays smoothly and credible.

You can try all this with our free demo.

And, by the way, if you contact us we always answer.

Competition for Virtual Console?

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 08:13:34 AM »
Competition for Virtual Console?

It is much more.

Groovyband Live! is a full fledged state of the art realtime arranger that completely replaces the built-in firmware. Sure it can manage 2 keyboards + pedalboard (+ other midi devices as physical controllers), but that is only part of the story.

You can use it to have a realtime arranger with functionality far beyond what you are used to. Here (https://www.groovyband.live/features/429/) is a 5 minutes read with a summary of the functionality.

We have also an online user manual: https://www.groovyband.live/user-manual/

But, better still, you can download a free demo (https://www.groovyband.live/#demo_download) and try it for yourself (the feeling - and the sound - cannot be explained in a specification on paper).

And we continuosly add useful functionality at a fast pace (https://www.groovyband.live/changelog/2334/) because we are committed to further expand the gap with stock firmware and we do listen to our customers.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:20:55 AM by groovyband.live »

Offline StuartR

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 02:02:39 PM »
It is much more.

Groovyband Live! is a full fledged state of the art realtime arranger that completely replaces the built-in firmware. Sure it can manage 2 keyboards + pedalboard (+ other midi devices as physical controllers), but that is only part of the story.

You can use it to have a realtime arranger with functionality far beyond what you are used to. Here (https://www.groovyband.live/features/429/) is a 5 minutes read with a summary of the functionality.

We have also an online user manual: https://www.groovyband.live/user-manual/

But, better still, you can download a free demo (https://www.groovyband.live/#demo_download) and try it for yourself (the feeling - and the sound - cannot be explained in a specification on paper).

And we continuosly add useful functionality at a fast pace (https://www.groovyband.live/changelog/2334/) because we are committed to further expand the gap with stock firmware and we do listen to our customers.

Only 4 main keyboard splits? I don't find any video demonstrations online.

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 04:03:37 PM »
Only 4 main keyboard splits?

What do you mean with "main keyboard splits" ?

I don't find any video demonstrations online.

We have not done any video. We offer the REAL THING to try for free.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 04:59:59 PM »
What do you mean with "main keyboard splits" ?

I mean it appears from the user guide that you can only have 4 lead parts. Can you split the keyboard into more than  4 parts?

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 05:28:35 PM »
I mean it appears from the user guide that you can only have 4 lead parts. Can you split the keyboard into more than  4 parts?

On the first (and possibly only) manual you have an (optional) split point. You play chords on the left and melody on the right. You have 4 lead voices that can be assigned freely to the left and/or right of the split point as you see fit (you have 8 OTSes, everyone has its own independent assignment). The default assignment is L + R1/2/3, but you can change that for every single OTS.

On the second manual (optional) and pedalboard (optional) you have another set of 4 "aux" voices in total, which are customizable for each style. You decide where assign the 4 voices (second manual, pedalboard), the key range and the velocity range for each voice. Instead of a pedalboard you can use a third manual.

So you have in total 16 voices: 8 style parts (automatic accompaniment), 4 lead voices (L/R on first manual), 4 aux voices (second manual/pedalboard in freely customizable splits/layers).

Additionally the style parts voices can be independently customized for each style Section (8 mains, 3 intros, 3 endings, 8 fills, 2 breaks).

The Yamaha arranger keyboard can have the role of first/second/third manual or none of them (you use other controllers or a midified organ console).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 05:33:31 PM by groovyband.live »

Offline StuartR

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2019, 08:31:24 PM »
On the first (and possibly only) manual you have an (optional) split point. You play chords on the left and melody on the right. You have 4 lead voices that can be assigned freely to the left and/or right of the split point as you see fit (you have 8 OTSes, everyone has its own independent assignment). The default assignment is L + R1/2/3, but you can change that for every single OTS.

On the second manual (optional) and pedalboard (optional) you have another set of 4 "aux" voices in total, which are customizable for each style. You decide where assign the 4 voices (second manual, pedalboard), the key range and the velocity range for each voice. Instead of a pedalboard you can use a third manual.

So you have in total 16 voices: 8 style parts (automatic accompaniment), 4 lead voices (L/R on first manual), 4 aux voices (second manual/pedalboard in freely customizable splits/layers).

Additionally the style parts voices can be independently customized for each style Section (8 mains, 3 intros, 3 endings, 8 fills, 2 breaks).

The Yamaha arranger keyboard can have the role of first/second/third manual or none of them (you use other controllers or a midified organ console).

Ok- not what I'm interested in doing. I want to be able to split the main keyboard more than 4 ways and use all arranger voices across these splits. That's what Virtual console offers.

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 12:29:54 AM »

<SIGH> Perhaps someday you'll realize how important video and audio demos are (and how many sales you're losing without them).
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 11:27:09 AM »
<SIGH> Perhaps someday you'll realize how important video and audio demos are (and how many sales you're losing without them).

We agree with you that nice videos are good. Unfortunately we are a small company with limited resources and we have to prioritize the use of those scarce resources.

For now we have chosen to put those resources in improving the product (and let prospective customers actually interact with it). Others have chosen to repackage the same old trusted product, every time with nice new videos and some bells and whistles. And apparently they succeed to resell it every time, to the same customers! So, yes, you are 200% right.

But before being marketers we are players, developers, and we want to make things the way they are supposed to be done (according to our vision and our customers requests). Are we losing money? Probably. But money for us is not everything in life ..... we want to enjoy our work.  :)

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 11:43:20 AM »
One question about GroovyBand: What chord fingering types are supported? I guess AI Fingered is not supported because of copyright issues?
Regards, Michael

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 04:49:14 PM »
One question about GroovyBand: What chord fingering types are supported? I guess AI Fingered is not supported because of copyright issues?

Chord fingering is explained here (https://www.groovyband.live/sequencer-control/1508/).

Summary

There is only a single mode (KISS principle: Keep It Simple, Stupid!) with these rules:

1) You have to play chords on the left of the split point (which can be fixed or "smart", see link above)

2) A single finger NEVER triggers a (new) chord. We do not insult the player's intelligence.

3) You can finger a chord with 2, 3, 4, (or optionally 5) fingers. 37 chord types are recognized.

4) 2 fingers chords are a shortcut to "most common" 3 or 4 fingers chord. In practice you do not have necessarily to think about it: just play by instinct 2 notes you know are part of the harmony and let the computer do the magic.

5) If "BASS INV" button is triggered (default state) all the possible inversions are recognized and played. Otherwise the lowest bass note is the chord's root.

6) Pressing three adjacent keys will instantly stop the accompaniment (only the drums will continue to play). Key-in another chord to restart the accompaniment.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:53:46 PM by groovyband.live »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2019, 10:27:09 AM »
Sorry, but in my opinion, the UI is very crowded. The app looks profi, knowing that this soft do a lot of things, but I found an airy UI more easy-to-use.

Make a multi split point option for every OTSes ( ;) ) is an option that is missing in Yamaha arrangers. User has to be able to set 3 split points, one for each: Left to R1, R1 to R2, R2 to R3. Other arrangers are able to make this thing ;)
Write decoders for AI Fingered mode, because is one of the most used finger mode by advanced users ;)

And : Change the UI to a more simplistic UI (even if you have more than 1 screen). It is too crowded and a lot of colors. I'm getting tired of my eyes.

PS: I appreciate you have a lot of functions that keyboard does not have ;)
PS2: You really need a demo video ;)

Best regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 10:29:46 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: cando614, StuartR

Offline Luluc

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 05:40:17 PM »
Coming back to my initial topic :

Looks like there is no  way to get information from styles like that :

Style1.sty  Intro1 :2(bars) - Intro2 :2 - Intro3 : 4
                  MainA :1 - MainB :2 - Main C:2 - MainD : 0
                  Ending1 : 2 - Ending2 : 2 - Ending3 : 0.
I know we can get the information via the Style Creator, but when we have thousands of styles....

We all have thousands of style. I would like to sort them - via a speadsheet for example- maybe deleting incomplete styles or styles having only one bar in MainA or in Main B, MainC or MainD.
I think it would be useful for everbody to manange our numerous styles.
Luluc